Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 08:37:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Where do I go from here?

Started by corinhall, Nov 15, 2006, 05:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corinhall

A little background,I live in Florida. My husband and I were (are) married for 7 years, we have a 7yr old together. In the past I have been accused of cheating with my clients, friends and neighbors. He has video taped me without my knowledge in our home (alot of boring housework is all he saw) he has stolen my undergarments, tested my garments and I have caught him licking and masturbating on my undergarments and clothing. He has also masturbated on me while I was sleeping on the couch as well in my childs room.  I won a 1 year DVI in 2004/2005. For some reason I moved back into the home in mid 2005 hoping things changed, they didn't I again motioned for a DVI and was denied due to me being to emotional in court and he had retained and attorney. I was served divorce papers after the hearing. I retained a Lawyer and complied with all the mandatory parenting classes and disclosures. We had a mediation today, no mediator just our Lawyers and it went awful, he's fighting for primary custody, a little background on him he has been found guilty a 2 counts of lewd and lucivious with a minor ( 12 years ago) and also has 3 DUI's 10 years ago.(he still drinks) I don't have a record. Today I was offered $25,000 for me to leave the house (we still live together) and $10,000 for me to stop fighting for my son and give him primary. My lawyer seemed to think that this might be a good deal and of course I said no! My questions are

1.  What is going on here? Am I missing something?

2. What is my next step? Do I fire my Attorney and hire someone who is more aggressive?

3. It seems like I'm the underdog, he has a top dollar attorney and I found one that I like and can afford. What questions should I be asking her? This is his third time around and my first I'm lost!

4. My Attorney advised me that she can't give me any advice on this custody battle. WHAT? Again I'm lost.

5. I need to know what the next step is, I'm not letting my husband buy my son from me for $10,000.