Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 10:21:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Soc (opinion)

Started by Lifehappens, May 22, 2006, 04:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lifehappens

Soc, I looked at new papers and old they have totally different case numbers than previous, the ones before they just change the last 2 numbers, like if this is 1st, 2nd, 3rd time in court.

socrateaser

>Soc, I looked at new papers and old they have totally
>different case numbers than previous, the ones before they
>just change the last 2 numbers, like if this is 1st, 2nd, 3rd
>time in court.

Then this is a new case, and it is against the kids directly. Frankly, this is bizarre.

If the kids are in your custody, then they are not the correct party, and the wrong case number is being used.

I would respond to the pleading by stating that it appears that the petitioner has incorrectly named the parties in the the case and that this motion should be either be dismissed or alternatively the children's names removed, your name added as respondent, and the case number changed to reflect the existing case between the parties.

Lifehappens

Thank you, for this information as you understand it. Next question: how do I do what you are suggesting. Right now I am gathering stuff, as this is a End of Year testing date for both children. I was going to ask that date be changed due to these circumstances. Unless I can use what you are saying, which to me is a better way of handling it.

socrateaser

>Thank you, for this information as you understand it. Next
>question: how do I do what you are suggesting. Right now I am
>gathering stuff, as this is a End of Year testing date for
>both children. I was going to ask that date be changed due to
>these circumstances. Unless I can use what you are saying,
>which to me is a better way of handling it.

Just send a letter to the judge, and copy the other party. Make sure the letter shows that you cc'd the other party or the judge won't read yours.

Tell the judge what I said, in your own words -- this pleading displays the children as parties rather than the parent, and uses a new case number, when it should show you as the responding party and the original case number. Then ask the court to dismiss the current motion or instruct the other party to amend the pleading to correct the style and number.

Lifehappens

Thank you, this is a great help!