Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 02:21:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

million dads march is approching again

Started by antonin, Mar 07, 2004, 07:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonin

Last year I attended the million dads march in DC. I listened to Dr. Baskerville, Dean Tong and many others. Unfortunately,  the attendance was paltry. We have a civil rights problem. The only way to solve that is through group action. The march takes place in front of the capitol, where many of the b******s who passed the laws that cripple us are employed. This is an election year. The lawmakers need to know we are out here. See you there.

http://www.milliondadsmarch.org/

VeronicaGia

Dr. Baskerville is also scheduled to speak at the National Libertarian Party Convention this Memorial weekend in Atlanta, GA.

antonin

Which leads me to another observation about politics. It appears the Libertarian Party is the only part that even goes near the issue of dad's rights, correct? I certainly can't see it in Bush (the "fathers' initiative" seems to be more about strengthening support and enforcement of CS orders, with a token nod to dads.)
God forbid Kerry would get in...he's ready to go after every man that walks as a DV crusader.

So I guesss if someone wants to vote at least in the direction of family court equity...it would have to be the Libertarians, right?

VeronicaGia

//www.lp.org

Also, Reason Magazine (Libertarian leanings) did an article recently about one of their writers who was accused of being a father,and what happened after he was found the father by default.   His name is Matt Welch.  //www.reason.com