Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 10:02:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How to ensure GP visits while enlisted in Military?

Started by kidcider, Jul 16, 2005, 08:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kidcider

Can BF assign his vistiation to GP while deployed with army?  If so, what would be the smartest way to inform BM and enforce BF wishes?  If BM denies vists will courts see it as contempt?  Thanks to anyone who takes the time to comment:)

4honor

... where the NCP can "assign" his residential/visitation time to another family member. If your state has grandparent visitation then GP can request their own visitation during NCP's deployment.

If there is time, I suggest BF try to get an agreed order with Ex for GP to take the place of BF while deployed... especially if BF is going to Iraq or Afghanistan and is likely to be in danger... and possibly killed.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

MixedBag

Ew....not sure I agree with you on this one.

BF's time is his to do as he pleases....

So why can't BF tell BM "I'm deployed and unable to personally take my time with the children, therefore, I am going to send them to my parents."

UNLESS there is a First Right of Refusal Clause -- I'm not 100% sure I would agree that a judge wouldn't think this was O.K.

ALSO suggest he leave a POA with someone that specifically says this person can talk and work with an attorney in case BM doesn't send the kids.  

patton

Ok, we've had personal expericence on this one.  State of Texas

CP decided to join Army, and signed over sole custody to NCP, and written into order was visitation for just like NCP had for grandma as long as parent was at boot camp, and then parent at boot camp would resume visitation after boot camp.

Of course all parties were agreeable and the Judge just basically rubber stamped everything.