Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 01:12:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

visitation issue caused by ex

Started by rvhjr, Jun 21, 2006, 06:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rvhjr

My ex lives in a condominium community and has continued to try and make it difficult regarding me doing things with my daughter at the community park and pool.  I bought guest passes for myself for the pool and my daughter is a member.  I've made friends with alot of people who are willing to sign me into the pool as a guest to spend time there with my daughter.  The ex has tried to make this difficult for us and has begun to make false accusations to the police department saying that I am harassing her and causing problems.  I've got witnesses at the pool who will vouch that what she is saying is not true.  I'm afraid that she will falsely accuse me of something and of what may come of it.  I've had to take her to court 2 times to ensure my visitation time with my daughter and have contacted my attorney.  Any suggestions as to what else I can do?

ocean

Why do you stay at her complex? Take your daughter out to the beach or town pool or park instead.  I am not sure why you would want to be there to begin with. Visitation should take place away from the other parent.

MixedBag

different pool, surely there's more than one in town.

You're allowed to develop your own life and surroundings with your daughter.

Do it gradually and explain to your friends the choices you've made if you feel the need.

We have 3 pools in our area that we can use -- not to mention all the other public pools and friends' pools.

But I think at the heart is that you can, should, and are allowed, to develop your own sense of community and family with your daughter.

ilovemysd

My impression of this, and I could be wrong, is that he has bought the guest passes for the pool so that he can hang out with his daughter outside of visitation... daughter goes to the pool, say, in the afternoons, so he has friends who signs him in so that he can be in her presence when she's chilling, and when she is not in direct contact with her mother.

MixedBag

'cause I didn't get that out of it at all.

No problem!

ocean

If that is the case, then I side with mom. She should be allowed to use her condo pool without her ex coming in (even if it was to watch their child swim).

awakenlynn

I don't agree.  The father has just as much right unless there is a TRO against him to be able to spend as much time with daughter as he would like.  If ex doesn't like it, to bad.  She needs to think of the best interest of the child, (which is to have dad in the child's life), not what she wants.

She has plenty of time with the daughter when in the house or doing there own thing.  She should be thrilled the father wants to have so much time with their child.

If she wants to use the pool too, she can stay on the other side.  As long as she doesn't put the daughter in the middle.  Daughter should be able to go to both parents freely without jealousy on the others part.  Knowing most condo sites, the pool is not exactly 2' x 2'.

If ex is making threats, get a camcorder, put it on a table where the whole area can be seen and tape the visits.  That way if she yells harassment, the courts can see the man has friends of his own there and he is treating the daughter well.  The courts can see he is doing nothing to harass the woman and is staying on his own side and doing nothing to incite the ex.

My 2 cents.
Lynn

ocean

Why? He does not live in the complex. It is for the people there and their guests. Would you want the ex in your backyard/pool everyday? If it was a public pool..okay but this is where BM lives. Once in a while when he is visiting his friends is fine but everyday after work or often (?)
I am switching roles in my head, I would not want our BM in our pool on a daily basis. LOL

sabor06

Too funny,
1.) You all are right who would want to be close to my case NCP, I do not even frequent that side of town let alone a pool.

2.) She may feel threatened, or insecure and does not want to be remined of NCP constantly.

3.) An occasional visit no-prob say 1 a month, but still not clear on the times he goes over is it constantly?

4.) I commend him for wanting to spend time with his daughter, I wish my ex would call kids more often. (that's why I purchased cell phone just for them)