Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 12:31:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

denial of visitation and any contact

Started by shawn_louann412, May 13, 2004, 09:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawn_louann412

hello. my husband and i are new to this site. we are in great need of any kind of info. or help. our problem started 2 yrs ago with his x. he has 2 girls, now 12 & 11.
  2 yrs ago we had the girls for our weekend, the mother and stepfather came to pick them up and informed us that they would b moving to Tn (we live in Tx). we had a civil conversation about the move and that is when the mother told my husband that he was not a factor in the girls' life.  at the end of the talk, the mother and i made arragements for our summer vacation and they were to move to Tn after our summer visitation.   i went to pick the girls up at the time the mother and i agreed on and that is when the stepfater called me and told me not to bother comming because they were already in Tn. for the next one and a half years , we could not find any info about the girls' where abouts. finaly, we got an address and phone #. i contacted the mother (because my husband was in the hospital at the time)...she said some nasty things and the next day changed the #. this has happend several times with the #.  finally around Christmas of2003 we got to speak with the girls. we have kept in contact with them up untill may 6 of this year. my husband asked to speak with the mother to arrange for our summer vacation for this year and she refused to speak with him. now when we call she just hanges up on him.   we have little to no money for a lawyer and the police will not help us. we are at the end of our ropes.  any help of input would b great. thanks

MixedBag

Go down to the court house and see if they have any self-help forms to file a motion for contempt -- and learn to do it yourself.

You might stumble a bit, but you might also get some positive results.

If you know the general "area" they're living in, you should be able to dig up an address of where they live.

Search the local schools and see if the kids are enrolled.  The school should have their home address to have them served -- and work fast at atleast getting their address before the schools let out for the summer.

silvermyst3

Try looking on this site for some information. http://www.courts.state.tx.us/
Mu husband and I are going through the same thing but its been 8 years, his ex has changed the number 7 times and moved to two different states. Make sure you document everything. From what i was told you have to have very good reason to even get a court date for that. we are in md, and got a court date already, wouldve done it sooner but we didnt know we could do this.  that website might help you a little bit. Good luck to you