Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 10:48:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Q101 Chicagoland area, radio, total male bias

Started by MYSONSDAD, Jun 23, 2004, 12:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MYSONSDAD

Yesterday, I was on my way to work. At four in the afternoon, their DJ's
were discussing a case of child custody and the court records were sealed to protect the child.

Out of the blue, the DJ says 'why do fathers want their kids anyway, let the mother have them'

This is a station coming out of Chicago, Q101FM. I am not sure how far reaching their broadcast goes. Most of Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin.

One of their most popular DJ's is MANCOW. Maybe some of you have heard of him.

I have already written a number of complaints voicing my opinion. They need to hear from more. This was total crap and extremely bias.  

Anyone who would like to give them a good WTF, here it is
http://www.q101.com/info/contact.aspx

Kitty C.

DH has certainly heard of Mancow!  He listens to a local station near Des Moines, Iowa when he's on the road who carries it.  Do you remember exactly who the DJ was?  I plan to write, but it would be even better to have someone to directly implicate!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

jilly

At the risk of being chastised, is it possible the DJ was being sarcastic? I'm no where near the Chicago area so I've never heard this radio station or the DJs in question.  However, there is a local morning radio show where I live (KISS 95.1) where one of the DJs is always getting in hot water with listeners because they don't understand that alot of the things he says is sarcasm.  If the DJ on Q101 WASN'T being sarcastic then definitely rip him a new one!

Jilly

MYSONSDAD

The DJ's on the air for that time were Toni, Woody and Ravi.

This is a station playing alternitive music. It is not talk radio. More commercials then music. I do not think they even give a weather report.
It is geared for teenagers and young adults.

Mancow is more talk radio in the morning time slot, but the afternoon programs are usually music.

Some how the media opened a sealed file of a custody case. They gave the name of the parents involved. And then went into the details of the transcripts. Reading it word for word.

I am appalled that they not only made comments about fathers wanting their children, but giving the names of the parents. They demoralized the fathers and the nine year old boy.

The nine year old boy will surely pay the price with the information given. Having the details blasted on the air will be devastating to this child.

I called the station this morning to make my point clearer.
#312-527-8348

jilly

MYSONSDAD

"Children learn what they live"

joni

they were reading from the republican senate nominee Jack Ryan's divorce records.  The Trib and ABC 7 Chicago sued to have these documents released because

THE VOTERS NEED TO KNOW

Ryan wanted these documents protected because they were relevant to custody of his child.  Now the media is saying this has nothing to do with his child, it was because of his sexual escapades.

What the media doesn't care to acknowledge...AND WE ALL KNOW THIS ABOUT FATHER'S RIGHTS....is that this has everything to do with his child.  His Ex wife, actress Jeri Ryan (7 from Voyager, with the killer bod) got sole custody of their child after she discredited the father, making him out to be a sexual pervert.

MYSONSDAD

I have to ask myself how much of it were false allegations.

So, not only does the government do whatever it is they do, but you have the media opening sealed court records. What ever happened to privicy?

My heart goes out to their son. He deserved better then this.  

I have a STBX who is more then willing to say exactly what she want to get what she wants.