Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 08:08:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Custody Trial begins tomorrow....

Started by onedaddy, Oct 26, 2004, 08:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onedaddy

Our custody trial begins tomorrow, we are told it will probably continue for 2-3 weeks. Uuuggghhhh!  
My poor DH is terrified and has been having nightmares all week. He wakes up screaming and in a sweat almost every night.
BM is fighting for supervised visitation and limited phone contact for DH.  
We were forced to fight for custody after a horrible year of hell for us and the children.  GAL and Evaluator are on our side.  But we are still terribly frightened.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow.

MYSONSDAD

You have some important strenght with the GAL and the evalutor on your side. Look at what you have on a more positive note.

Keep us posted!

"Children learn what they live"

nosonew

Will be thinking of you!

Kitty C.

.....get it............Odie..........O.D.?  Sorry, just me being silly!

Prayers coming your way!  And especially for your DH, who obviously is not dealing with this well.  If there's anything he can do to relieve the stress, he needs to make the time to do it, even if it's taking a LONG, hot bubble bath!  That kind of stress can shoe its' face in the courtroom, with not so desireable effects..........  
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

joni

onedaddy

Thanks for all your well wishes.  
We were ready, the GAL was ready and BM and her witnesses were ready.  Unfortunately, blocking off an entire day on the judges calendar meant they're was still 13 cases aside from us.  And since one required a spanish interpretor she didn't have time to do anything but give us a new date at 12/7.  This is the second adjorned date and I'm 7 1/2 months pregnant.  I really wanted this over with before the baby comes along.  Everyone was furious.  the judge knew this the day prior and could've called the lawyers as was done the previous date.

What makes me so mad is that all thess issue that were once important and will come up again and again are now old news or too much news.

Well, we fought in the hallway and got 2 hours for halloween 3-5PM.  And, since BM moved for the 6th time in 2 years DH does not feel he should pay for a 3rd $325 phone line for the kids in 1 1/2 years.  The  electrician SF should at least install the jack, they said no, but they will have the kids call here every evening at 7PM until the judge decides.

And DH feels a little more secure after hearing they truely have no case, no evidence, no nothing.  BM's own lawyer, who DH feared looked completely fed up with her and SF.