Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 04:39:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Girlfriend threatens continuously. Please help!

Started by thingmeister, May 03, 2006, 05:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thingmeister

I have been with my GF for 2 years and we have a one year old boy.  most times we cant stand each other because we lived in separate states durring her pregnacy and she resents me for that.  i moved over to help her and be with my son.  however she constantly threatens me that she doesnt need me and neither does our son so i should just leave and she will sue my @ss for child support, without batting an eye. i love my son and never would abbandon him.  there is also a tough twist,  she is still under 18. we are both living with her parents and we plan to move back to my hometown after she graduates.  i dont know if i cant take her abuse to me mentally, physically and mostly emotionally.  i want to have some solid rights to my child; what should i do?

reagantrooper

To protect your Son and yourself.

AMONG OTHER THINGS!

You need to start educating yourself NOW on matters of Fathers rights. It sounds like you are in for a LONG ride!

You need to start documenting everthing NOW!

You need to move out of her Moms house NOW.

You need to get a CS, Custody/ Parenting time order NOW!

You need to document everything now (I know I already said this).

If not already done you need to establish paterity NOW!

ETC, ETC. ETC

Ref

Is to stay and be super dooper nice. Make sure you are the one that feeds bathes and changes baby. Make sure you are the one to take the baby to the dr. With all of this make sure that you have proof of this as much as possible.

The only legal move I would do at this time is to make sure you have paternity established. Over the next 6 months or so, make sure you document that YOU are the primary caregiver.

You DO NOT want to move out without your baby in your arms!!!! Once you become the person with "visitation" instead of the person baby lives with, it is difficult to change.

GET GOOD OBJECTIVE PROOF of EVERYTHING.

Oh yeah, you may want to make sure you have you money in an account in your name only. Also, try to make sure all of your credit cards that she can sign on are cancelled if you decide to leave.

Good Luck,
Ref

reagantrooper

>>
>You DO NOT want to move out without your baby in your arms!!!!
>Once you become the person with "visitation" instead of the
>person baby lives with, it is difficult to change.
>

VERY VERY VERY GOOD point! I retract what I said in my first post RE: Moving out of Moms house!

wendl

Stay in the house as long as possible, start documenting everything, take infant cpr and parenting classes to better educate yourself on these things.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

Kent

Also, you can get certified as a foster parent (don't disclose you don't intend to take any foster children).

If the state certifies you to be fully capable of caring for foster children, then why should anyone (judge, custody evaluator) come to the conclusion that you can't care for your own child?

Good luck.

Kent!