Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 08:43:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Collateral Witness/Reference Qustion

Started by itiswhatitis, Jan 18, 2008, 09:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

itiswhatitis

Just starting the custody evaluation process w/ private evaluator(psychologist) & she would like collateral witness' info.  She(evaluator) stated any family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc that can verify/discuss your relationship with the child(our 4year old).

I have a # of different ways to utilize the witness' that, in different ways, are involved with my son & I's life but, my question is this: which ones are the best?
1-The Neighbors: who see me with my son; playing outside, going to the lake, helping me with outdoor chores, etc. but, will they want get involved because, in some cases, they are friends with both my wife & I?  
2-The Family, this one concerns me because obviously they are biased, so would they hold as much weight?
3-Co-workers & friends, in my wife & I's case, never (sad but true) see us with our kids, so what would they bring to the table?

As many have stated before me, this is going to be (insert your metaphor here) & going for physical custody as well as being; a man  the who works, not to say being a stay a home mom isn't work,  & also my wife's 14 year old (not mine) living with us so I would be separating the siblings, I know I am facing a uphill battle, so any advice would help a very stressed-out father. Thanks.

Giggles

Is this a "private" evaluator or "court appointed"?  If he/she is private, who is paying her?  The reason I ask is because any one can get a private evaluator and they are typically biased towards the party who is paying them so therefore usually a huge waste of $$.  Now if it is a "court appointed" evaluator who is being paid equally or is free from the court then you may have a better evaluation.  

As for "Witnesses"...you typically want someone who's has a good knowledge of your interactions with your child.  Neighbors, close friends, etc.  I take it there is no chance at 50/50?
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!