Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 05:25:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

On my last leg..

Started by SCOOBYYDOOOOOOO, Dec 30, 2003, 05:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCOOBYYDOOOOOOO

Well, I have posted here before, but now things have gotten to bad.  I was acused of touching my eldest daughter back in may, ( I have two daughters 6 and 4 ) well CPS concluded nothing happened and everything was just fine.
  Well, because this was all at the end of a terrible divorce and I got the house, it was separate property my wife decided this was the only way she could get back at me without paying out of her own pocket.  
  On my first weekend with my children, everything went great, well two weeks later i was back at the CPS office with the same allogations. This time my wife was able to convince my daughter somehow that I did indeed touch her. So this is where my problems begin.
  The police came to my work an arrested me, took me to jail, I posted a big bond got out, my ex wife had a temp order put on me to stay away from my own house. well that was over and i got back into my home, then got arrested again for violation of protective order, I had all the papers that i was supposed to be in the home and she was to be out. SHe came over to the house just to get me in trouble. and I was the one that called the police, they told her to leave, but then this detective arrested me a few days later..well again i posted bond, then he put me back in again, for a second count of protective order violation.
  Again i posted bond, well again he put me back in jail, the really want me to stay there. this time they added to the first time that I also hit my eldest child.. They are saying this happend on the same first visit I had with my children but are charging it separate.
  well, I have nothing to hide at all, i have my ex on recording about her lying in regards to me hitting her to get me in trouble. she has filed many reports i can prove to be wrong. and this final one with my girls is just horrid. my lawyer says i can do 40 yrs for this. He wants to charge me 50,000 to handle everything. that is on top of me just paying 20,000 in bonds to get out of jail..
  please, what is the best thing to do here. again, no history of anything ever, till the divorce, and the first complaint was ruled out. then bam, it all goes the other way.  Now i cant see my kids, and have no contact. and am facing a life in jail.... I work in a hosp as an RN.
  any advice would be great. thanks........

socrateaser

Two ways to go:

Traditional route. Protect your 5th Amendment privilege against self incrimination, say nothing to anyone, plead not guilty, ask the court to order the child victim and the mother undergo a psychological exam to try to determine if the child is under some sort of undue influence, go to trial and pray that your defense attorney can convince the jury that your wife is an inhuman monster.

More modern approach. This assumes that you are ABSOLUTELY NOT GUILTY. Pay for a polygraph examination through your attorney, so that the results will be privileged work product in case you fail. If you pass, then offer the DA that you will undergo a polygraph using an independent examiner chosen by agreement of you and DA.

If you pass the lie detector, the DA will almost certainly drop the charges and go after your ex.

Almost no one can beat the machine, so the risk is probably lower this way then if you were to go to trial on the charge. Plus you will save about $45K, you'll be able to sue your ex in civil court for malicious prosecution and fraud, and she'll probably be arrested for perjury and making a false criminal report.

SCOOBYYDOOOOOOO

WELL, sounds great, i have nothing what so ever to hide, so therefor i will go for the polygraph. I have suggested this to my lawyer in the past, and he wants to set this up also, be we are not so sure that the da will just drop the case. I have told my lawyer that i would do anything that i had to, that every last word i say is the truth, I went before the grandjury, they still indicted me. I dont get that, i have recordings of my wife saying that she was going to do this, and much more proof oh her malintentions. But they still indicted me.  I will make it a stronger point that I have this polygraph done ASAP. I think I am also going to have to have my child evaluated by a professional to expose my wife for what is really going on...thank you for your response. very kind of you... god bless....

SCOOBYYDOOOOOOO

ok, I took the Polygraph yesterday, It was perfect, no diception what so ever, the Tester said you cant do better than this, I have court again on the 20th of april... I am sure my wife would never agree to taking this test...thanks