Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 10:05:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

and I though I was done.... Change of job

Started by wallyworld, May 18, 2005, 06:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallyworld

Okay, facts:

new order entered April 25, 2005.  IM in IL she's in FL.  IL has jurisdiction.  They aren't taking out the new amount as of yet.  I will find out tomorrow why and how to ensure they do.

I was just offered a job with the railroad.  The training starts out the same as I make now.  But it has a lot more income potential that what I have now.

I obviously know that child support services will be notified.

1.  How do I get the railroad to withhold the child support?
2.  How do I get an income deduction order if that is what I need?
3.  Do I have to notify my ex of the new job.
4.  Will child support notify her?
5.  Can she ask for a modification one month after a new order?

socrateaser

>1.  How do I get the railroad to withhold the child support?

You ask the clerk to issue a new income deduction order and you serve it on the railroad.

>2.  How do I get an income deduction order if that is what I
>need?

The court clerk will issue it, based upon the existence of your support order.

>3.  Do I have to notify my ex of the new job.

Legally, yes. But, if you didn't, and you simply used your existing order to request that the IL court clerk issue a new income deduction order, then it's possible that your ex wouldn't actually find out. And, if your employer is paying your ex direct, rather than through a child support enforcement agency, then she will see a new check issued from a new employer, and she will know something has changed.

>4.  Will child support notify her?

If you are paying through a child support agency, then yes, otherwise no, but either way, she will know.

>5.  Can she ask for a modification one month after a new
>order?

Yep. Your employment change would be a material change in circumstances affecting the child's best interests.