Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 08:27:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

To ride shoot straight and tell the truth

Started by stillfighting, Mar 01, 2005, 08:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stillfighting

long time no see, I'm back to bug you again.

1-Wanted to ask if you can give a reason why a judge would find spouse guilty of contempt on only one charge when 5 were submitted and had tons of evidence with Law Enforcement witnesses for all including the guilty one?

2-Spouse has temp custody and now has to wait for the mandatory year before spouse can file (no other grounds available to her). Spouse was trying to file for temp support and alimony, then pulled back. I think she is now going to wait to say in court that I have not paid anything so I have no interest in childrens well being, which is bull. I called CPS to see if they could give me the amount that I would have to pay if ordered. I have sent money and it has been taken and used, but she is denying that I sent it. Now everything is money order, certified, and return receipt.

3-Fileing chapter 7 to clean up credit, I can't go back to my old (good paying) job until I do.

1- Any input on why this would happen?

2-Do you agree with my thinking on this? Should I keep paying or should I wait for a court order?

3-What can you tell me about this, Can I file it myself? Will this make me look bad in the eyes of the court? (to much debpt to pay at my current salary)

As always Thank You for your time. DE OPPRESSO LIBRE

I still think I am rich when I have my children in my arms.

socrateaser

>long time no see, I'm back to bug you again.
>
>1-Wanted to ask if you can give a reason why a judge would
>find spouse guilty of contempt on only one charge when 5 were
>submitted and had tons of evidence with Law Enforcement
>witnesses for all including the guilty one?

Without reading the transcript of the hearing, I can only guess that the proof of the other 4 contempt charges did not satisfy the required burden of proof, which is higher than in an ordinary family law hearing.

>>2-Do you agree with my thinking on this? Should I keep paying
>or should I wait for a court order?

It's up to you. I wouldn't pay without a court order. However, you could turn the tables on your wife and ask the court to order support in the child's favor, on grounds that you believe that the monther is attempting to create a scenario that makes you appear to be abandoning your child. The judge would crap his pants.