Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 11:28:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

From Glenn Sacks.........

Started by Brent, Feb 02, 2004, 07:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

From Glenn Sacks.........

As many of you know, it's been a big media week for our campaign against the "Boys are Stupid--Throw Rocks at Them" products. Our campaign was the subject of an Associated Press article "Retailers pull 'Boys Are Stupid' products " (MSNBC, 1/29/04) which has been picked up by over 300 newspapers and news outlets worldwide, including most major American TV stations, radio stations, and newspapers. Newspapers in Canada, England, New Zealand, and even South Africa have printed the article.

The Los Angeles Daily News wrote their own front page story on it on Friday and over the past few days I've been on Fox News and KABC TV in various cities and on KTLA 5 here in LA. Today Inside Edition is coming down to the KMPC studios to shoot a piece on it, and Dr. Laura gave our campaign a passionate endorsement on Friday, declaring it to be a "Dr. Laura Call to Action"--see //www.DrLaura.com.

I've done and have scheduled about a dozen radio appearances, including ones in Seattle, Phoenix, Detroit, and Los Angeles, and on the Westwood One, Radio America and Canadian Broadcasting Corporation networks. Our campaign has been trashed by Dom Giordano on WPHT-AM in Philadelphia, "Monsters of the Midday" on 104.1 in Tampa, Florida, Dennis Roddy in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (Boys can't take a joke, throw rocks at them, 1/31/04), as well as numerous others.

Given the media barrage I have decided that instead of targeting a new company this week we should instead use our resources to defend our campaign in the media. Stories on our campaign have appeared in most newspapers and I want His Side listeners to write letters to the editors in support of our campaign. The e-mail addresses for the letters to the editor sections of 25 major newspapers can be found at Contact Editors about the His Side Campaign.

Link: http://hisside.com/campaign_letters.htm

Be polite, but let the editors know exactly how you feel. Feel free to forward me copies of what you have sent to [email protected].

The best place for all information on the campaign and its media coverage is Join Campaign Against 'Boys are Stupid' Products. The most comprehensive article on the campaign so far is MND Newswire's Radio Campaign Knocks Anti-Boy Products Out of 3,000 Retail Stores (1/29/04).

Thanks to all of you for the campaign's success--all of you have made the world a little bit better for our sons.

StPaulieGirl

Have you ever listened to her program?  I'm afraid to ask her for advice, as I already browbeat myself enough as it is....

She has a good following, though.  I listen to her when I'm in the car, and most of the time she's on track.  Sometimes she scares me.

Anyways, it's good that she's on board!

Astro

I have to admit that I listen to her too--generally only when I'm in my vehicle.  I, too, am afraid to ask her for her advice--but when I have an issue I imagine the conversation she might have with me and go from there.  There are times when I definitely disagree with her and get angry when she cuts people off--but you're right, she's usually on track.

She has a huge following and to have her on this "campaign" is a good thing....

StPaulieGirl

Sometimes she scares the pants off of me,  heehee!  I got very angry about the advice she gave one man.  He was divorced with children, and planning on remarrying.  His ex wife then started making noises about wanting to get back together.  Dr. Laura told him to break off his engagement and go back to his ex wife!  BS!  

I think the more diverse the audience is for Glenn Sack's campaign, the better.  They'll have to quit labeling the protesters as whiny men who can't take a joke.