Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 11:14:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Have NOT followed court orders and want to now

Started by lovingdadinks, Apr 24, 2007, 07:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovingdadinks

what do you think my chances are?
CO says that I get half summers with my daughter but due to my job, I have never exercised this. I work long days out in a field job. Leaving around 4-5 in the morning and sometimes not getting home til 6 or 7 at night if not later. I have always just kept the visitation regular weeknights and EOW til now. I want to have her during the summers for my half and have her stay with my new wife during the days. It's been 9 years since my divorce and I've never exercised this summer visitation. Can I just say "I want summers now?" or what needs to happen? My daughter has alot goin on during the summer and I have other kids too. Daughter will stay at home with my wife of 2 years while I work. Daughter's mom works from home having a home based business so she has always been at home with her. I am just feeling that my daughter should be able to be with my family, but her mom thinks if she is not with me during these hours, she should be with her and we need to work something else out. Court has been brought up too. Do I have a shot at this????

mistoffolees

Read your current court order. If it says that you are entitled to something then you ARE entitled to it - even if you didn't exercise it in the past (in fact, our plan specifically says that our inability to exercise extended visitation will not interfere with our right for future visitation).

I would simply tell you ex that you want to exercise your summer visitation this year.

Make sure you work with her on the daughter's schedule so you interfere with activities as little as possible. I just spent 2 weeks nailing down a summer camp schedule that works for everyone.