Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 08:07:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

We need advice, please help!!

Started by marimar08, Oct 11, 2005, 06:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marimar08

Ok my boyfriend has 3 kids by two different women. He pays $400 a month for his daughter and $600 for his two boys. His two boys are from his last marriage, she decided she didnt love him anymore and wanted him to leave. He just received a letter saying she wants $1000 a month for support. He brings home after taxes $550, $250 of that goes to child support. He stays with $300. How is he supposed to live on $200 a month if she gets her way?? Also, we were picking up the kids practically every weekend now she put them in Judo on saturdays and on sunday she has them going to bible class. All this so he wont spend time with them. His kids ADORE the floor he walks on. They call him everyday saying daddy please come get us. He is an amazing dad and it pisses me off that she is more interested in the money than him being with them. Where can he get help? His lawyer is not doing much. Can she get away with him paying $1k a month??? True that he makes about $1200 a week yet it all goes in taxes, ive seen his check. What happens with his car insurance? rent? food? Her lawyer doesnt even take into consideration that he pays $400 a month for his first child. How do they expect him to get by?? Any info would be helpful. Thank you so much. You can email me at [email protected]

KAT

marimar08

ocean

In NY, the first child gets 17% to the first mother. Then the second mother gets 25% after FICA and Child supoort from #1 get taken out. I ran the numbers quickly and the first mother is getting below guidelines and it looks like 1000 would be right for second mom. Check out this website...
http://www.divorcelawinfo.com/states/ny/cal/NYCSC.html
Make sure you put in the $400 for first child (if it is court ordered)
Good luck!