Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 02:41:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mother and Lawyer causing unnecessary lost visitation with Father & family

Started by kelli_r_m, Jun 26, 2007, 06:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelli_r_m

There are supervised visitations in the agreement, but the time of the supervised visitation conflicts with the anger management class.  

backwardsbike

Hi Keli!  I see that you ar ein a very difficult situation.  I have been a NCM for nine years and my situation was as difficult as they come.  Here are a few things Ihave learned that might benefit you.  (1) Distance yourself as Mixed Bag suggested.  Have no contact with the X.  If she calls and you pick up the phone say- politely_ BF is right here. Please hol while I put him on the phone. (2) Reduce your stresss levels.  Its tought, i know BTDT.  But you have got to find a way to either reduce the stress levels or manage the stress in healtheir ways- not saying its easy- just saying if you want to stay with this guy you hade better learn how to do it.  I meditate.  It helps more than words can express. (3) Understand that your privacy has eneded.  Youhave chosen to be involved in a contentious custody situation adn that means that you need to live your life like an evalautor is going to read about it because he?she most likely will be doing exactly that.  Youneed to learn to keep accare, unemotional documentation and IMHO, you need to become very familiar with the custody laws of your jursidiciton.

I do not meant o be harsh.  But this is a life like no other.  After a while you're whole concept of what's normal changes.  I no longer say Good morning to my X unless I have clear and convincing evidence that at least 98% of average Americans would agree that it is indeed a good morning and also evidence that on that given day my X will not find my statement offensive- only half joking here.  Best of luck to both of you!  Hang in there.