Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 04:45:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Virginia

Started by lookinnomore, Oct 21, 2004, 01:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lookinnomore

Is there a list of change of circumstances in the state of Virginia?  In order to file for change of custody you are suppose to have a change of circumstances, is there such a list, or can you just file for the hell of it? and would anyone know where to find such a list at.  I have scoured the internet to no avail, and helpful hits would be much appreciated.

skye

I have a list ...I will find it and post but for now check out this it may help a bit

http://www.divorcenet.com/va/va-div.html#Custody

lookinnomore

didn't find any thing that gives me grounds to open a modify custody case, am trying to determine if I have grounds to file for falsely opening a custody case, but don't know what grounds she could have filed on.  I don't see a change in circumstances on my side or hers but....... need facts to base it off.

Thanks for you help!

skye

Has anyone gotten married since the last hearing?

HAs anyone moved to another location, a bigger house.. a better school district?

Are both parties complying with the order allowing phone calls or blocking them?

Has the childs grades declined?

are there excessive tardies? absences?

are both parents fostering positive contact with the other poarent and family?

Have there been any changes on the NCP's side that would make that home better suited?

Have there been any changes on the CP's side that would make that home seem less suitable?

lookinnomore

she the NCP has gotten married and bought a house, but, nothing else has changed and I understood that getting married and buying a home was a forseen change in circumstance,  therefore not grounds to file.

skye

NO it is a reason for change in our state absolutely ... I have told you the "list " that is used by our courts