Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 08:44:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

trying to figure out visitation rights

Started by racerbunni8, Sep 28, 2004, 08:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racerbunni8

Hi everyone i'm new here, and my husband has 2 kids from his first marriage, the only problem is we hardly get to see them, only when his ex feels like it. she also told him that she will not let him have them if i'm going to be home on the weekend that he wants them. She says the only way he can see them is if he sleeps with her. so what do we do???

gipsy

Do You have a court ordered parenting plan ? If so File contempt . You need to understand contempt , Wash state , They won't really do anything untill You bring them to court a few times , So You have to continuosly file , Then they will eventually cooperate , If you don't have a parenting plan then You need to file with the court stateing that You get like Half the summers , every other weekend , Half of school breaks and holidays ,If she fights It post again  , this is all just a process etc , If you hire an atty Interview a few , And then Hire one that talks to you like a regular human,And stick with the facts . This is a simple process , Like file for a parenting plan . If she gets the commissioner or judge to not give ot to you [ WASH state ]  tell the court you want to Appoint a Guardian ad Litem On behalf of Minor child ,  this person is the one that the judge listens to You need to post about Your current status , And what state you are from , . This is all really frustrating , But really is a simple process, If money Is an issue , You can Keep asking attys till you get one that will help fill out the papers and then she has to be served and the court has to sign for the court date , Or contact the Bar association for attys that help pro-se litigants . Then Like at pierce county court , you ask If there is a night that atty's help file papers for pro se litigants, Here they do that , then You just go ask for a parenting plan .  And here you can go to commissioner services andthey are really pretty helpfull ,Call the court and ask to come  and watch a few of the type of hearings you need go to . Like a parenting plan or what ever , they have all the family law hearings In one room  here for temp orders, temp orders are for untill youget her to a real trial,If it goes there !! And you get like five minutes , and Mom will be likely to say you are a psycho and shouldn't see the kids , then you appoint a Guardian ad Litem , the Judge or commissioner won't sign off on anything that is contested untill they see a GAL report [Wash state) Pierce county , The court doesn't have the time to investigate so they have these GAL's appointed , Keep posting and gaining info !!!

racerbunni8

see, part of the problem is we're in PA and she's in NY i need to figure out if i file in Just PA or in both states, and if we can do it without spending an arm and a leg on a lawyer

MixedBag

What does the divorce decree say?

And where was the divorce?

If he moved to PA, file in NY -- that's probably where jurisdiction is.

If she moved to NY and he's still in the original county, file in PA.

gipsy

I never had to deal with jurisdiction , Sorry. But I would talk to a few atty's . Again Make sure what they say is based on the info you have and bring what ever decree or order you have ! Usually they know , They should be able to just answer I think what may be inportant is if she file a notification of moveing !