Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 03:10:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

visitation and cps counselling

Started by stressedstepmom, Jul 03, 2004, 04:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stressedstepmom

PeanutsDad, you are right. There are a lot of dedicated people on here and the true heros are the ones that never give up on their kids. It just makes me smile to read about someone who had a good day in court and is able to give their children more.
Should we contact the conselor in NY when there hasn't been any sessions yet? OSS is supposed to have his first session with that counselor on 14 July. Original date dh was supposed to pick up ss's for summer visitation was 11 July. That is why bm states in her petition that dh is trying to keep boys from counseling. (Even though we never heard of the 14 July date before we got the petition as I stated before) Of course we would tell the counselor here if the boys do get to come here that there is another counselor in NY who we would like all info released to. Also in the petition bm states that since boys reside in NYS and that since cps in NYS is involved that they should only have counseling in NYS. So she expects us to probably set something up here and say we can provide the same. I guess for all of this dh needs to talk to cps and try and have them okay it so we have something to take to the judge.
I just hope everything goes well in court. That the judge is fair and not bias and believes bm's lies. Dh has a lot going for him as far as I can see, but we have been burned by bm so many times I am afraid to get my hopes up. You have all been very helpful with your advice and own experiences! I really do appreciate it a lot :)

nosonew

How about calling that counselor, explain that he is supposed to be with you and could he refer you to a counseling center in your area?  Of course your dh would have to call, but at least it would (hopefully) be written down by the counselor that he called to request this.