Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 12:54:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

i have still not seen a dime

Started by justiceleague, Jul 30, 2008, 07:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justiceleague

Hi there!
i appreciate any advice that can be offered in regards to child supprt in Nevada.

It has been over a year since child support was ordered and I have yet to see any support.
Assigned arrears are over 12K.

Several months ago his drivers license was taken.

What comes next????

If a motion to show cause is pursued, what percent of arrears are required for a purge?

Does the DCSE ever go after bank accounts, property, IRAs 401Ks via a QADRO?

He does have funds, and a business, but just refuses to pay?

Anyone with experience, especially in Nevada, is encouraged to reply.

ocean

Not in your state but they should go after bank accounts and tax returns if they has any in his name. How does he get around without a driver's license? It sounds like he owns his own business? If he works for someone else then they should be garnishing his wages...but if he owns it they can't touch it. YOu need to keep on top of your case worker and have them file for whatever they can. If you know specific bank accounts, tell them and they can put a lien on it.

Giggles

I'm not in Nevada either....but you really have to hound CSE to get things done!  My X was over $18K in arrears and I would call them a couple times a week.  I knew where he was working, gave them that address, etc.  Finally after about a year, they got him!!  They also seized a bank account he had as well...it was nice getting a $7500 check!!!
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!

justiceleague

I call and speak to CSE a couple times a month. They said they have to follow a process and doing QADROS are very difficult.
He has put property and accounts in other people's names- ie new wife.
I don't know how he is getting around.

What I am wondering is:

If I hired an attorney to go after hidden assets would it be worth it. Could an attorney go after (bank accounts) etc that he has put in his wife's name. CSE seemed reluctant to do this........
If I hired an attorney would they really have a chance at getting after these accounts??????

anyone in NV or familiar with NV CSE, I would love to hear from you...

thanks everyone for your responses

justiceleague

i love your moniker at the bottom! Salutations to a fellow patriot!

ocean

I think it would be very hard to get anything from the other people's accounts even with a lawyer. I would keep calling CSE almost every day and tell them you are not going away and that you need an update.

The only suggestion I have is go to your court house and see if you can file something yourself (non-payment?). Then he will have to show up and say why he can't pay anything. I would also find out if he is driving and get him pulled over...he will want to straighten it out to get his license back? They can pull his passport too so if he ever wants to go out of the country he will have to pay you back..

justiceleague

I called CSE.

The next thing that is going to be done is a motion to show cause for contempt. YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!! So I guess that means a court date  in October.

Hence, they will will have to submit a purge guideline. Honestly, I don't know if he will pay even with that threat. He may just end up in jail.....

mo7818

That the deadbeat wants to go out of the country and needs a passport.

My deadbeat was in arrears over 6K and decided he needed to go to the olympics but to get his passport he had to pay all of his balance. He did - funny how he hasn't paid a full payment since Oct 07 but he came up with 6K in a month. And he doesnt have a job.

DEADBEATS!!!!!!!!!! They always get theirs in the end - even if it is the far off end.

justiceleague

I hope you are right.

He still has not paid a dime. CSE told me the next step is contempt, yet there is no court date set for that.
By the time a hearing is set for contempt is will be late November or December, and I know he won't pay a dime until he is threatened with jail.
How can someone not care about their children? He has not seen, ( or corresponded in any way) his kids in almost 8 years.

Kitty C.

Confirm with CSE that contempt is the next step, but also ask them if they instigate that or if you are responsible to do that.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......