Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 09:56:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

FERPA Letter

Started by crayiii, Dec 22, 2005, 01:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wendl

Becoming social (so to speak) with the secretary it great. At one of my ss's school the secretary was the best. My dh wrote a letter giving his persmission for her to speak with me about his children, Once a month I would call her BS and she would send me the monthly attendence, report cards etc.  She knew me by voice and was the sweetest person.

We also gave her copies of the court order where it states EACH Parent has the right to have equal acces to records etc.

I would call the sec, send a copy of the parenting plan. Call her a few days later to make sure she received it and ask her for a registration contact form for your child to fill out as well.  My dh has joint legal and he did this and they had two forms, one on file that mom filled out and one dad filled out.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

wendl

Becoming social (so to speak) with the secretary it great. At one of my ss's school the secretary was the best. My dh wrote a letter giving his persmission for her to speak with me about his children, Once a month I would call her BS and she would send me the monthly attendence, report cards etc.  She knew me by voice and was the sweetest person.

We also gave her copies of the court order where it states EACH Parent has the right to have equal acces to records etc.

I would call the sec, send a copy of the parenting plan. Call her a few days later to make sure she received it and ask her for a registration contact form for your child to fill out as well.  My dh has joint legal and he did this and they had two forms, one on file that mom filled out and one dad filled out.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**