Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 01:40:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Candlelight vigil for Illinois dad this THURSDAY!

Started by stepmary, Jan 19, 2004, 08:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stepmary

Are you in Illinois? Nearby? Can you attend? Know anyone in IL who can make it? PASS THE WORD ON!

We've updated our PR at the Cafe: http://secondwivescafe.com/article.php?id=25

The online petition is up to 1289 signatures: http://www.petitiononline.com/NCPdad/petition.html

We did two interviews with reporters today; looks like at least one local paper is carrying the story this week. *crossing fingers*

MYSONSDAD

Where in Illinois?

"children learn what they live"

Kitty C.

It's in Woodstock, IL, northwest of Chicago.  It's about 3 hours from me, but given the time of the event, it's almost impossible for me to get to without cutting seriously into my vacation time.........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

stepmary

It's going to be at Woodstock Square in Woodstock. They tried to get a permit to do it at the courthouse, but they require TEN DAYS notice, AND won't let them do it at night, AND won't let them carry signs! Not to mention it would cost $50 for a permit. So much for free speech.

Woodstock Square will look familiar to people who've seen the movie Groundhog  Day; that's where it was filmed.

StPaulieGirl

I'll see if I can find some folks to show up.  This time I'll private message some people, instead of putting it up on the regular forum.  You know what I'm talking about :-(

Unfortunately I live in CA, but good luck!

oneandonly

nosonew

From what I read on the SWC site, sounds like bm didn't appear, her atty did.  About half a dozen people showed up for the vigil, but at least one bigger newspaper was there to cover the story.

The dad gave the court his first check, so he could stay out of jail, but with the publicity, i think they are hoping the judge will change his mind.

There was a decent article in one of the papers, and some of the people at the vigil gave the story to the press.  

I hope I got most everything right! I'm sure Mary will come back and fill us all in....

StPaulieGirl

I've been hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that Michael wasn't thrown in jail.  If I can help with any email or letter writing, let me know.

I posted a little rant about biased media on General Issues board that mentions the Frankes and the candlelight vigil.  FYI.