Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 12:17:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Longer summer visits

Started by pw7285, Mar 15, 2007, 03:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ref

He filed with the court for contempt when BM didn't produce the child. Along with the contempt, he filed for a change in visitation. His grounds were because his old order gave BM too much decision makeing and she was no longer being reasonable AND SD was older and able to spend more time with him. Now I know age isn't always a great way for a "Change in Circumstances", but I think it does have some weight when it is long distance.

If Florida (DH's jurisdiction), a child getting older is even considered a change in circumstances to file for Child Support Modification (upward).

Who knows how it would have played out if it went to court? DH hired a very good attorney and he felt that he was not asking for anything more than what any father would get and he was limited to much less by BM and there was plenty of evidence. Working with his attorney for all these years, I feel he would have tried to convince DH not to file if he thought it was something the judge would not agree with.

In Florida before a judge sees you you have to go to mediation. During mediation BM was representing herself. DH went from seeing his daughter 3-4 weeks out of the year to Every other school break, half of winter break and all but 3 weeks of the summer. He also had BM pay for 1/2 of the unaccompnaied minor fees for flights and he was able to see her any weekend he wanted in BM's town with 7 days notice. This was all based on the standard except he had limits on regular weekends and substantially more time in the summer.

Anyway, it is not a lost cause. Keep yourself focused and come back here with any questions

Ref

pw7285

Thank you very much.  This at least gives me hope that it is possible.  I see my daughter now about 8-9 weeks a year but would of course love to see her more.  The fact that it wouldn't impact the CP financially, she would only reject my request out of spite.  

Appreaciated