Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 03:20:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Florida Help needed!!

Started by Ref, Oct 24, 2005, 12:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ref

Hey guys!

I am looking for a Florida form to file to temporarily reduce CS while the court hearing is being done.

It seems there is no retroactive reduction in the State. I saw form 12.947 (a) and it seems right, but I am not positive.

Can anyone help?

beeboah

i don't believe there is such a thing, could be wrong....please post if you find out something to the contrary...

catherine

I just found this article that states that CS in FL can not be modified back to the filing date for a reduction.

http://www.divorcenet.com/states/florida/flart_08

Ref

And he said that they will do retroactive to the date of filing. I read the link that you sent and it looks like it agrees. "A reduction cannot take effect prior to the date a REQUEST of modification is filed with the Court".

DH filed last week so hopefully they will credit him the difference.

PLEASE let me know if I read that wrong. He is paying way too much right now and are putting ourselves in debt to pay his CS at the higher rate until the judgement.

Thanks
Ref

catherine

I read it wrong!  Hope you get the reduction.  In reading past case law in FL, make sure you keep calling and making sure you get a date booked or it will be ignored.

POC

CS modifications in FL are retroactive to the date of filing. CS can not be reduced prior to the date of filing for modification.