Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 04:01:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Visitation and contempt of court

Started by breynolds251, Feb 27, 2005, 02:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breynolds251

My questions are in regards to visitation. I am a joint custodial parent current on all child support. I have two daughters age 13 & 10. I have not seen them since 1996.
My ex remarried and moved from Iowa to North Carolina along with my two daughters. Since then, they have been in six other states (that I know of). Recently, a court order was issued for insurance coverage. I agreed to insurance coverage in the divorce, but since I had no way of knowing where my own kids were there was little I could do regarding this subject (the insurance). This tells me maybe they are running out of money or a job was lost. Regardless, I think now I know where they are thanks to some real searching. I believe they are in Baytown, Texas. I might even have a current address, but who knows with this person, they never have a phone and are constantly on the move.
I'm wondering if it is feesible to try and have their whereabouts in Texas confirmed (by a private eye or someone). Since I live in Arizona, I would have to fly to Houston, drive to Baytown and hope the address I have is possibly correct. Wouldn't you think it would be easier to find someone in the area to run here (the Mom) down before going on a trip that may not bring any results? I just want to see my own kids (supposed to see them every other weekend).........Bill.

patton

On the visitation you said your court order stated EOW.  Where was the meeting place you did pickup/dropoff?

Can you prove you've made a effort to be there and they were not there?  If so you have contempts for EVERY missed visitation that she did not have the children present for you to pick up.

Why was nothing filed when they moved out of state the first time?

Where is the jurisdiction of the original court order?  Also the last court order your received on the insurance issue, what state was that issued from?  

Maybe a change of juridiction has occured.

breynolds251

Pick ups and dropoffs were at my place of residence.

I don't think proof of effort as far as being there for my time with the kids will be any issue.

I didn't file anything at the time of their departure because I wasn't sure what exactly to do and I was a mess!

Jurisdiction is the state of IOWA. Last court order for insurance also from the state of IOWA.
Thanks....Bill.

patton

There's a stepmom and dad on here and I'll have her post under this as she's in the same state as you.

They have filed contempts and asked for custody, awaiting Judge's decision.

She can tell you what the Iowa courts will want you to have for the contempts.

Jurisdiction is still in Iowa at this point.  You need to file something fast too, before she changes the jurisdiction to another state.  I think she can help you with this.  

breynolds251

Thank you Patton, I'd really appreciate any info I can get on what the courts will need

Bill......

patton

Check your personal messages on SPARC

breynolds251

I would like to speak to stepmom0418 if she is out there...
Bill.

patton

Do you know how to look at your PM's?

breynolds251

When you say PM, do you mean private message?

Bill.

patton

Yes, but go to Chat , we'll both be there in a second.

patton

You have to turn off your pop up blocker,  if you have yahoo it's on the tool bar,....

Stepmom0418

Also some people have more than one blocker........like MSN and Yahoo ...you have to turn off both of them.

patton