Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 11:26:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Temporary fix on childsupport in unemployment check

Started by superdad01, Jun 06, 2007, 08:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superdad01

This might be a stupid question because I don't think you can change childsupport without going to court first... But here is my issue.

I got my daughter on nearly a daily basis. I have been laid off for basically a month. 2 weeks off and 1/2 week on and 2 weeks off again.. Of course they took the full amount of CS out of my unemployment check which is alot less then I bring home weekly. my question is is their anyway I could possibly work out a temporary fix for my childsupport and unemployment situation because I am not getting enough from that to survive.

I am paid to date on CS and do not want to get behind on that or my bills.

By the time I got to court I would most likely be back to work fulltime and be out a motion fee for even trying to get into court. So that would be pointless.
I am in the auto indrustry so the future is kinda uncertain at this point.

The only other option I got is to try and get my daugher for a entire week which abates my CS by 50%.

Any ideas?

ocean

Will BM be willing to give you back money for the few weeks you are out of work instead of going to court? If not, then file NOW (goes by the day you file). When you go, bring your unemployment checks, and ask for it to be readjusted...if you have a new job by then, you can recalculate that too. (Be careful...if the new job pays more...then child support will go up...)
Good luck

wysiwyg

If the CP is registered with teh TItle IV folks, then you can modify yourself - sort of - you have to ask them for the forms and fill them out with proof of income, they ask the CP for same, they can make a determination, however in IN they tell you that they have the authority to change if BM asks for a mod, but will only reevaluate for the NCP, once they have a set figure you can then submit that to the court if bioth of you are agreeable.

Also it is my understanding that if you are both amiable then following the guidelines in your state,submit something drawn up to the court for the judges signature.

Not legal advice, but check thes eoptions, might save you the filing cost of a court date and hearing.

wendl

If you are on unemployment of no fault of your own you can file a motion to have cs reduced.

My dh was laid off after 9/11 and he had to get his cs reduce and it was reudced by him filing in court and going to court.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

superdad01

Yea I understand that I can file a motion but by the time I have my day in court I will most likely be back to work... So will it be pointless?

The way the auto indrustry is going now especially in MI who knows how long I will be betweeen working full time and and unemployment checks