Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 05:31:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I AM NEW HERE HAVE ???

Started by JCMINIS, Oct 19, 2004, 06:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCMINIS

MY NAME IS JOSHE AND I LIVE IN WESTERN NC.  I HAVE A VERY DIFFERENT CASE.  MY X WIFE & I LIVED WITH MY PARENTS DURING OUR MARRIAGE WHEN WE DIVORSED, MY PARENTS CHOOSE HER TO LIVE W/ THEM INSTEAD OF ME.  WE HAVE BEEN DIVORSED 3 1/2 YEARS. SHE STILL LIVES W/ MY PARENTS.  SINCE SHE HAS LIVED W/ MY PARENTS AND THEY ARE FINANCIALLY BACKING HER I NEVER FOUGHT FOR CUSTODY.  IT HAS REMAINED A MUTUAL AGREEMENT AND I SEE THE KIDS WHEN EVER I WANT.  THIS HAS NOT BEEN GREAT BUT I CANT FIGHT THERE MONEY AND I HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN ONE DAY SHE WILL MOVE AND SHE WOULD THEN BE ON MY FINACIAL LEVEL.  WELL I HAVE BEEN BLIND SIDED.  MY PARENTS HAVE FILLED TO SUE MY X AND I FOR CUSTODY OF OUR KIDS.  I CANT BELIEVE MY PARENTS ARE DOING THIS.  ANY WAYS I HAVE TRIED FOR LEGAL AIDE AND BEEN DENIED.  I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.  EVERY ATTORNEY I HAVE CALLED HAVE THESE HUGE RETAINER FEES .  I HAVE TO ANSWER THERE MOTION AND I AM SO LOST.  ID GO W/ OUT AN ATTORNEY BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO DO THAT EITHER.  ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO GET AN ATTORNEY FOR MONTHLY PAYMENTS OR HOW TO DO THIS WITH OUT AN ATTORNEY?  ANY WORDS OF ADVISE?  THANKS FOR YOUR THOUGHTS.  JC

MYSONSDAD

Please do not use all caps, makes this hard to read.

I personally have not heard of anything like this. You can interview attorneys and find one who is a Family Law attorney. Then check their track record with fathers. There are attorneys who will take payments and keep their retainers within reach.

Another thought would be, go down to the courthouse and sit in some custody trials. If you find an attorney you are impressed with, stop him and tell him your situation and set up a meeting with him.

One point in your favor, your ex has now lost her financial backing. Your on a level playing field.

Did you go thru custody proceedings at the time of your divorce? What did you end up with? Do you have a CO pertaining to visitation? What State are you in?
"Children learn what they live"

annas mom

Has your ex agreed to letting your parents have custody?? If not, maybe now is the time for you two to put your differences aside and fight for your child. If the two of you work together, perhaps you could come up with a parenting plan that's a little more fair to you and present it as an agreement to the judge. If you both show a united front to the judge as two parents who want to do what's best for their child, maybe he/she would be more apt to see things your way. I can't imagine the grandparents getting custody without some major faults by yourself and your ex-wife. Good luck to you and keep us posted!