Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 01:19:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Joint legal question....

Started by dipper, Jul 12, 2005, 10:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

It is my understanding that per joint legal, both parents have input, but basically the pcp has the last say.

Okay...my dh took son to a shriner's sign up clinic, filled out the application putting down both parent's addresses, etc....

Son was approved and appt card was sent to mother because dh failed to list joint legal...even though ss was to be here during that time, she demanded that she was the ONLY parent that could take ss because they chose her.

The letter was addressed to her and thanked her for filling out the application.....stated that ss was accepted, and that atleast one parent needed to accompany ss.  In her mind, they accepted her only even though she had did nothing.

Okay, then she told dh she checked into him going and they said it would exceed the weight limit!  

The appt was postponed due to weather issues and she called to tell ss this.  About four days later, dh received a letter informing him of this change and stating that as the next appt. was on her time, she would be accompanying ss and they would let dh know the results....and that IF he wanted to go he could contact **** Flight himself.  Obviously she had legal advice as she was adamant that no matter whose time it was, she was going..and she would never had sent this letter on her own...

So, the beauty of it......the appt. has been postponed again due to weather conditions.....And ss says its for next week when he is supposed to be with dh.  So, then dh should be allowed to go..and she should have to make her own travel arrangements....

Not only that...dh got a letter from shriners that they had corrected the file..and that they needed a copy of the custody papers - which he could mail...or bring with him when he came with ss for the visit....Now...doesnt that sound like they want him to come with ss? LOL

Okay...doesnt dh have as much right as bm to go on this appt. without having to pay since he will have ss at the time?

She is the pcp, but they have joint legal.

I can imagine her asking for the appt. to be changed to when she has ss.......

But, if she does let ss come on his visitation, but demands that she take him for the appt is this legally wrong?

Or, if she refuses to allow him to come on his visitation until after his appt - and therefore refusing dh his two weeks ordered for July - can dh file for an emergency hearing?

wendl

Both parents should have the right to attend the appt.

What is this for, what exceeds the weight limit, what kind of appt is this, I am lost.

dipper

SS was burned back in April.  The appt is to fly him to a shriner's clinic to be seen by a doctor there.  DH was the one to take him to the sign-up clinic, filled out the application and included bm's address (doing the right thing).  Shriners will pay for one parent to travel.

Since joint legal wasnt mentioned on the application, they sent her the acceptance letter and first appt. card.  She was adamant that they had accepted HER and even wrote in a letter that they CHOSE her, but the letter states no such thing.  

So, ss was here when the appt. should have taken place - but she said she was the one parent allowed to go and that dh couldnt go because the weight limit would be exceeded on the plane.  (dont know if ss should get on a plane that his dad's extra 200 pounds would bring down....)

Okay, so that appt was cancelled and rescheduled for this week.  She wrote a letter stating that 'since ss will be with me that week...I will be going with him and we will call you when we get back'  ***This is where we think she had legal advice - she was informing of him of the change in writing and...acting as if she was not refusing his going, only taking the opportunity because she had ss in her care *****

Now, the appt has been rescheduled for next week according to ss - bm hasnt said anything - and that will put him in dh's care.  

This is the situation, bm treats dh as if he has to pay for everything - free shriners trip - of course its hers...he should have to pay if he wants to go....

I think dh needs to really get alot put into his next court order....