Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 04:34:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New here, need help

Started by bookworm, Feb 21, 2005, 03:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bookworm

I'm new here and really need some advice.  Each time we try to talk to a lawyer they are unable to give us much information plus they want a huge retainer without any idea on approx costs.  This has lead us to do nothing.  

Currently we do not know where my dh's ex-wife and his son are.  It has been months since dh has been able to talk to his son.   We've been told that legally his ex-wife is not required to provide us with a phone number or adress.  As a step-mom I find all of this terrible frustrating.  

We currently live in wa.  dh and his ex were married in ks, and we believe she in now in Arizona.  A lawyer told us that dh could transfer the divorce agreement to Arizona for $200, but what good would that do?  Dh is supposed to have joint custody, having his son 6 months out of the year.

I'm not sure what other info to include, so feel free to ask me questions.

ocean

Does your husband have any custody papers through a court? If so, what do they say? :)

bookworm

Yes, it says he has joint custody.  

Are there any places where I can find a lawyer that won't cost an arm & a leg?

tia :)

wendl

What county are you in in WA State, I have a good atty in Pierce County who is affordable.

What state were your court orders filed in also??

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

bookworm

We're not in Pierce co.  The divorce/custody agreement was filed in Kansas.  Last we heard his ex-wife was in Arizona & now we can't get ahold of her.  I'm trying to search for info but not sure what to look under.  

bookworm

We're not in Pierce co.  The divorce/custody agreement was filed in Kansas.  Last we heard his ex-wife was in Arizona & now we can't get ahold of her.  I'm trying to search for info but not sure what to look under.  

wendl

Book,

you have  a private message.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

ksmomof2girls

Please email me or send me a private msg. I'm in Kansas.  My X husband's cousin doesn't know where his son is either. I also know that he has remarried. I don't know if he has moved or not.  ( only getting information from my girls)

His son used to be a Daddy's boy until he went into the Navy, then BM had some problems, Dad came back, got son, but had to give son back, and the last I know of Dad didn't know where Son or BM were.

Son has a new sister ( well not so new now, but still a new little sister that I don't think he knows about.)

I would assume it would have to be done in Kansas until you KNOW for sure as to where she is.