Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 08:05:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PreDivorce advice: Wife just quit work and I believe she’s planning divorce

Started by devotedFather, Apr 03, 2006, 05:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devotedFather

A few weeks back my wife wanted a divorce then she said she changed her mind.  Now I just found out she quit her job without even telling me.  She still hasn't told me.  I found out through her workplace.  Plus I found slip of paper with all our assets listed and divided and her last two paychecks were not direct deposited.

Up to this point we have both been working and sharing the kid duties.  I'm fearful that her plan is to stay at home to set a primary care precedent before filling for divorce.  

My question is, should I strike now before that happens?  Or is it better to plan a strategy (something I've only started to do)?  

This board has been very helpful in educating and mentoring me and I thank all of you.  That knowledge has been priceless and your help is well appreciated.

wendl

do you have a 401K????

do you have a joint accunt???

Start protecting yourself.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

janM

Please read the articles here on this site.
There is a heading called "Emergency First Aid".
There are several "must reads" in there.

Good luck and come back often.

Mr.fixitall

There is another great website/forum that gives lots of very valuable information for this kind of thing.  It is called Dad's Divorce.  You have to read 'The List'.  Good luck.  

Mr.fixitall

Devoted Father, It looks like you got alot of great advice on both forums...I would take it and run with it.  You have alot of work ahead of you.  Good luck.