Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 11:53:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Can anyone help?

Started by jopanate, Jun 06, 2005, 07:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jopanate

I live in Nebraska and am having trouble getting information on how to change my custody.  My ex wife and I have joint custody, but I found out she has two felonies pending in the courts.  I can not afford a lawyer so I went to "Legal Aid" only to be told they can't help me because they are helping my ex with a legal issue of her own.  I went to the clerk of courts to ask what should be my next move.  I was told to write the judge a letter detailing the issues.  Little did I know (but was told so by the judge) he is not allowed to have exparte communications with me.  What do I do?  How can I be kept from presenting my case?  Is there a way around this?

Giggles

Who has primary placement?  If the felonies are for child endangerment or the like then possibly you could get a change in custody, but if they aren't, then most likely you wont prevail unless she is put in jail.
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!

jopanate

Her felonies are for theft by deception.  One over $1500!  She also has violated several points of the divorce/custody aggrement.

Giggles

Unless she goes to jail...those thefts don't really matter much..sad as it is.  Do you have documentation of the violations of the divorce/custody agreement...contemps against her???

Sadly...judges don't see the "emotional" side of custody....they want cold hard facts.
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!

jopanate

Yeah, I document EVERYTHING!  Luckily, in Nebraska, it's legal to tape record phone converstation without notifying the other party.  My ex saw the tape recorder, then heard the tapes in our divorce but is too stupid to keep her mouth shut!  She keeps saying things that help me in documentation.  And my dad said my military inteligence training wouldn't help once I left the Army!  HEE! HEE!