Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 04:53:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Finally Picked Up KIDS!

Started by sabor06, Jul 10, 2006, 11:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabor06

I guess the THREAT of going back to court and filing for 1/2 of daycare expenses did the trick, and revolking some visitations.

He called Thursday and said he would pick up kids on Friday 7/7, which he did. He enrolled them in daycare. I am on the emergency contact list.

I do not know if i was right in making an issue of this but here is what I did, for ya'lls dissection.

My daughter wanted to take her gameboy/ 1 game, baby pillow & Blanket, (I asked her to take her cell phone), and my son took his Elmo which he sleeps with.

I made a note and requested NCP to sign it. He refused, I told my daughter she could not take those items with her. ON the note it states he is to replace/return said items by August 1.

Now he made an issue that it states that in the court order, and I said yes it does, I just want to reiterate.

He said why, I said cuz you took toys, L.girlfriend lost them at the park, and you did not replace the items and have not returned the items, Also you keep clothes and I have had to resort to PD helping me in collecting.
Even though as you say it is on the court order which you seem to ignore to your convienence.

And these items are expensive or priceless. Gameboy & Baby items.

My daughter made a big enough fuss (putting it lightly) so he went ahead and signed.

Was I wrong? He said he purchased lost items from the Park, I said where are they, he said "in my home" I said you did not purchase said items what makes you think you can keep them. Replace the things kids took from my home, return them to my home, and purchase some for your own house. Dont take from mine, from the little money I have that I provide for the kids you take, take, and take.

He just hung up, lets see if he returns all the items come Aug 1st.

skye

I think that the items belong to the kids...not you or him...I am not saying this to be rude...I do not know how old they are but any age over 6 the children should be responsible to bring them home...and if the kids lose toys at the park with you are you going to run right out and replace them? I think in doing this we have given the children an easy out to not have to be responsible...

I am sure not all will agree with me ..but it is my opinion...if my kids / stepkids want to take something to the other parents it is their job to bring it home...if they lose a toy they will look for it next time they visit ...if its lost oh well ...they made a choice to take it they were not responsible with it and the consequence is they no longer have that toy

hisliltulip

smtotwo

When we send anything or the kids take anything home, alot of the time it just "disappears".

Ex never saw it and doesnt know what happened to it.

Nothing, NOTHING goes back to the ex's  NOTHING.

Ref

I understand your frustration. Many of us have spent good money on things that have "disappeared".

What I have to say was a little disturbing wasn't just that you were trying to get ex to sign this redundant statement, but that you did it infront of the kids. It seems like a bit of emotional blackmail.

Next time you come across a problem that isn't like or death, I suggest figuring out a solution that DOESN'T involve your ex or the kids. Instead of making him sign something, simply tell the kids that somethings have to stay at mommy's house and somethings have to stay at daddy's. It may upset them the first time, but they will understand. This way you don't need to have confrontation with the kids.

It really did seem that making him sign something was only done to be a pain in his butt. If you really needed to do something about lost items, why didn't you simply inforce the order already written or write him a letter that stated that these items were being brought with the kids and per section### of your agreement, you require their return. It seems like some of this was to get a rise out of your ex and to make the kids feel less of him.

Take care and PLEASE don't do this infront of the kids again.

Ref