Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 07:47:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

visitation

Started by shooter, May 11, 2009, 08:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shooter

Since Nov08 I have had supervised visits with my 2 yr old every wkend and Wed. My parents are the supervisors. This is because of a RO she put on me in Oct08 from a false accusation. I have done things in the past that I am not proud of but no phisical abuse. Mostly damaged things in anger in my own home. She was very free with child till I got a lawyer. Then all of a sudden I am a danger. Anyway court is next week to finalize things and I want supervision dropped. BM told my mom yesterday that she is going to keep supervision and she has sent a visit propoal to my lawyer and if I  dont agree she will see to it the visits stop permanently with myself and my parents. We have had this boy at least 4-5 days/wk since he was born, either me or my parents if I was unavailable. She says she will testify to things she has no proof of and do not involve the child at all. I live in ILL. Is this possible?

Kitty C.

She can say anything she wants, but the final decision is NOT up to her, it's with the court.  And it all depends on whether the court believes her or you.  So if you have proof to back up what you say and she doesn't, then it could lean in your favor.  But I'm sure you realize that courts are finicky and just because it 'looks' like everything is in your favor doesn't mean they will agree with you.

But I get a big kick out of exes like yours who say they WILL make sure they get this and that, but have no way to back it up.  It's just a scare tactic and a way to get you to capitilate or back down.  If what she said were true, then there would be no need to go to court, since everything would be done 'her way'.  Just make sure that you can back up everything you say and also that your parents can testify to the supervision.  Also point out to the court that the 'timing' of the RO was based upon your initial filing, as she didn't have a problem with you prior to that, so you want it dismissed.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......