Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 10:28:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Time to get off our rears and fight back...

Started by MYSONSDAD, Nov 30, 2004, 10:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MYSONSDAD

I've been in communication with several other state coordinators including Pete Clark of California, Deborah Fellows of New York and Chris Kennedy of Connecticut among others.  Deborah has communmicated with Ken McCallium, owner of a large class action firm with offices throut the United States.  Mr. McCallium is a former NCP whose childrern are now adults.

Tom Howse has also been involved in the discussion and knows Mr. McCallium and approves of his firm taking our case.  If we establish class, the legal battle front moves from the federal courts in the filed states to one venue for the class action.

Mr. McCallium is offering radically discounted fees and requires only a $5000 retainer.  As of Tuesday evening, we had  $1700 between 4 states willing to contribute.  If we can get contributions from all of the other states, we should be able to come up with $5000 very quickly.  Since Michigan has a hearing December 1, we were hoping to get this money together by Monday so we could retain the law firm.  This would add incredible legal firepower.

Can Florida make a contribution?  The plan would be to transfer directly from a paypal or similar account to the law firm.  New York, California, Alabama and Michigan have paypal accounts.  We could collect contributions through these accounts very quickly.

You may want to contact Deborah Fellows at [email protected] .  If you see the value in this effort, you may want to recruit from neighboring states.

Please touch base with me.

"Children learn what they live"

MYSONSDAD

I've been in communication with several other state coordinators including Pete Clark of California, Deborah Fellows of New York and Chris Kennedy of Connecticut among others.  Deborah has communmicated with Ken McCallium, owner of a large class action firm with offices throut the United States.  Mr. McCallium is a former NCP whose childrern are now adults.

Tom Howse has also been involved in the discussion and knows Mr. McCallium and approves of his firm taking our case.  If we establish class, the legal battle front moves from the federal courts in the filed states to one venue for the class action.

Mr. McCallium is offering radically discounted fees and requires only a $5000 retainer.  As of Tuesday evening, we had  $1700 between 4 states willing to contribute.  If we can get contributions from all of the other states, we should be able to come up with $5000 very quickly.  Since Michigan has a hearing December 1, we were hoping to get this money together by Monday so we could retain the law firm.  This would add incredible legal firepower.

Can Florida make a contribution?  The plan would be to transfer directly from a paypal or similar account to the law firm.  New York, California, Alabama and Michigan have paypal accounts.  We could collect contributions through these accounts very quickly.

You may want to contact Deborah Fellows at [email protected] .  If you see the value in this effort, you may want to recruit from neighboring states.

Please touch base with me.

c_alexander

Man why couldn't you have asked for donations BEFORE my truck exploded? haha ..not literally mind you..just having some major car troubles the same week i started a new job..ugh! Seriously though I can't afford much but every little bit helps I guess, let me know where I can send a donation or something. (I would prefer to use Pay Pal if possible). I really want to see that this thing gets as much support as it can. I firmly believe that this is a chance for us all once and for all to FIX the system we have been so frustrated with for so long. Frustrated to say the least... I live in Indiana by the way, however perhaps if this thing won in one state the rest would begin to follow suit?

MYSONSDAD

Just something sent to me from someone in Florida who is working hands on with the class action lawsuits. Good thought on some legal representation. And I would not mind throwing a few bucks in, if this is what they want to do.

It will take a long time to fix the mess. And it would be nice to get some steps going in the right direction...