Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 11:31:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Temporary Orders vs. Permanent Orders

Started by RosaG, Jul 24, 2009, 04:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RosaG

Hello I am from California, my first time posting on here. my ex was awarded temporary custody for 10 weeks until our next court appointment, well he was awarded 50% physical custody and my kids are 5 and 22 months.  My attorney has told me not to worry about it because this was only temporary and not permanent.  I wanted to find out from some of you, if this was correct.  Can this temporary order become permanent? Or will it change, the judge wanted to give it a try and that is basically what we are doing. 

Thank you for your help

ocean

Usually if it is working then the orders will become permanent. You can change things if needed before you sign the final orders or before the judge decides. Many judges are giving both parents equal access now unless there is an issue with one parent. Remember dad's do things differently from you but at long as they are happy, being fed, let the little things go because the courts dont care about parenting differences. Kids should have both parents in their life. If you show up to court and say..he does this ..he does that and it really is not BIG issues, they may award him primary because he is showing he is able to take care of kids and not bad mouthing you...so be careful with that.