Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 03:50:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Things getting crazy. need seriou advice!!!!!

Started by papaalex2003, Nov 29, 2004, 08:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

papaalex2003

Just figured I would update my situation once again. Well I'm preparing to start to file the Paternity rights papers here in Florida. I know I'mmgoing to need a lawyer, which is going to be a little hard financially but I have to do what I have to do. Now I know that right now I have no rights but I have a few questions anyways. My x refused to let me pick up my daughter and bring her back to my house. Even on Thanksgiving I couldn't have her for a few hours. The reason is that she doesn't want my girl around my wife and my new step kids because they aren't blood related to her. Even though we have bee married for a year now and it wasn't a problem before. She has this issue with my wife which is all based on jelousy and its down right ridiculous. Either way its my little girl that is suffering. Will this be allowed to hold up in court. I mean would a judge say she is not allowed to come to my home. (I mean my x doesn't have a problem with me or my son since he is blood to her.) Or will that hurt my x in court. Shes trying to say that because of a stupid rumor about my wife's sexual preference that she might be bi sexual our daughter should not be around her. But that doesnt make sence because someones sexual preference shouldnt matter these days, and wouldn't that make me bad for my daughter also in my x's eyes. Its just a silly childish game that she is playing. I guess i just want to know what to do with this. I mean I won't allowed this woman to dictate my life and shun my wife or my new step daughter and ask them to leave so my little girl can come over. And I will not go over to her house and hang out there because i don't feel comfortable there anymore, especially after my name was spelled out like it was a curse word so that my little girl wouldn't know it was me on the phone. I miss her like crazy its been almost 2 months with out seeing her. But what do I do. I have to defend my family, Right? and will me defending them hurt me in court.????? I'm so lost its driving me crazy. I don't understand why people choose to use children as a weapon.

shawneetears

I am not familiar with your situation but from what you put here I take it you either didn't know about the child or the child is not biologically yours?
I dont' know if you can but, perhaps you can work on a compromise untill court....  see if you can get ex to agree to allow you to visit child once a week during the day, if it will make her feel better you can stipulate that visits will take place away from your residence.  Her compromise is that she doesn't get to dictate who is around you so yoru wife and sd can visit too.  This way any issues about sexual preference become a moot point.  I know that it shouldn't be an issue and it may all be jealousy based but your ex holds the cards and she has made it an issue.  The point is that something is better than nothing and you are showing you are doing everything possible to alieviate her concerns.  And by all means try to get it in writing if you can. If you can even get one visit in it is better than nothing.

wish you all the best life has to offer!  :)

papaalex2003

No, I have been around my girl. I have been "allowed" to see everyday after work and everyother weekend during the day. But I always get an excuse. I went for a month not seeing her and when I finally did she started crying and running from me. So i started going to her house and the second my girl was ready to come with me my x came up with all these accusations and threats.

papaalex2003

No, I have been around my girl. I have been "allowed" to see everyday after work and everyother weekend during the day. But I always get an excuse. I went for a month not seeing her and when I finally did she started crying and running from me. So i started going to her house and the second my girl was ready to come with me my x came up with all these accusations and threats.

shawneetears

If you have a court order and your ex is still not letting you see your girl then it might be time to get tough, charge her with contempt and let her her explain it to the judge....she's showing a patter of it and you need to address it early if she won't work with you.....the one getting harmed it the child, she needs both of you.  Make her stick to the order.

wish you all the best life has to offer!  :)