Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 01:34:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

INSPECTIONS ?????

Started by Chooch, Jun 29, 2004, 01:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chooch

BM claims that my daughter cannot stay at a new house I recently purchased UNLESS she can INSPECT my daughters room and the house ..

Is this legal ???
My home is more than suitable for my daughter and I see no need for her to INSPECT other than her (BM's) curiosity.

Kitty C.

Tell her to go piss up a rope!  She has no more business coming in and 'inspecting' your home than I do of hers!  Unless it's in the CO, she doesn't have a leg to stand on.  BUT, definitely remind her that if she refuses visitation based on her 'demands', SHE will be in contempt and you will be forced to file that against her.  THEN if she wants that in the CO so bad, she can fight for it in court.  Fat chance on her getting it, tho.  If judges started allowing that, it would be mahem!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

wendl

omg she wants to inspect your house, what a nut.

I fully agree with kitty on this one.

Hmm maybe though if the room is all neat and fixed up sent her a pic of it, just to be hmmmm nice.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

Peanutsdad

hehehehehe,, gotta luv fruity ex's, eh?

Dear Whacko,

Upon reading our court orders I find no such provision allowing you to withhold my visitation based on your affirmation that you must "inspect" our daughters room.

I find your threat of withholding visitation concerning and will file contempt motions should you follow thru with said threat.

Bolivar OH

"You go girl"  I love it your you start getting wild with your posts Kitty C..  When you unload..... Watch out!!!

Kitty C.

Funny............DH says the same thing, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm an Iowa farmer's daughter, born and bred.  I don't take no crap from no one, LOL!  ;-)
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

richiejay

It is certainly legal if you allow it!  But, IMHO...it's just BM trying to flex her muscles in her power trip.  Politely say " There really is no need for that"...and if she witholds any visitation time...she'll look like a moron when she tries to explain it to the judge..."But he wouldn't let me inspect her new room"..pleeeease..

hagatha

Cooch,

She has no rights to your new home. You do Not have to allow her Any access....

That being said, I think you should take pictures of the outside and the backyard, then take several of daughters bedroom. Tell her NICELY you understand her concern that daughter is well taken care of in your home and there is the proof. If she deisres more she will have to ask a judge to allow her access, but you then expect the same access to her home for inspections

The Witch

Remember . . . KARMA is a Wonderful Thing!!!

ConcernedCP

As other's have said, BM has no right to "inspect" your duaghter's room.  I made the mistake of allowing my kids to show their Dad their bedrooms at my new house, and then had to deal with him thinking he could just walk into my home like he owned it whenever he stopped by to drop them off or pick them up.  I don't ever enter his home unless he expressly asks me to come in (and then I do so relunctantly and stand right inside the door) and I lived in that house for many years as well as paid the mortgage for it, but as soon as I moved out, I recognized it was HIS home.  However, my kids were very excited about their new rooms, and I always try to put their needs first, and certainly ahead of any discomfort I may have.  I just wish I had thought to take digital photos and have them email them to dad before he actually came to the house.  That might have satisfied the kids' needs to show off as well as keep my "boundaries" intact and the ex out of my house!

futurestep-mom_AZ

Whatever you do don't agree to this. My fiances ex tried the same thing and even got the child to ask (stupid for ex she asked over the phone) so I went out got a camera and me and the child made a collage (sp?) of her new room. But she pitched a fit and wanted into the house so bad. Personally it may not have been a huge deal but she was soooo mad we kept it up to the point that we were able to get the pick up drop off changed from receiving parent to meeting in the middle. And it was a great bonding activity for me and the child now we do collages for all the holidays and family get togethers and make one for her scrap book at dads and one to take home and put on her wall at BMs. BM gets so mad and tells me to stop but the child asks that she have pictures of her memories at her moms house too so she can show her brother.