Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 11:22:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ex moved back to pensacola... Now I think she quit her job and is NOT working....

Started by wallyworld85, Mar 10, 2004, 04:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallyworld85

Okay,  I just found out from my daughter's school in Tally that my ex moved back to pensacola (withoiut informing me) and is living there (to be closer to her parents is what the teacher said).  I called the number the teacher gave me (her new #) and she answered (it was like 2 pm).  When she found out it was me she hung up.  I have called more since and she has answered all at times when she normally works (she was a leasing consultant for an apartment complex).  

Court is April 15.  If judge denies my petition to dimiss child support due to the UIFSA and figures it  with FL guidelines and NOT IL what can happen?  In IL they take a percentage of my income after taxes (20%) BUT in FL they use the guidelines where they use BOTH INCOMES.  My ex wife MADE more than me and they figured my support amount (by FL NOT IL) to be about 208 a month.  NOW if she is NOT working what will likely happen?  Will she receive a lot more?  There has been NO new financial affadavits filed for her and my lawyer hasn't received ANYTHING!

MixedBag

Court is April 15th -- WHERE?  FL?  IL?

If FL methods are used, ask the judge to impute her income.

wallyworld85

Court is in FL.  How exactly do I "prove" that she has the ability to make what she made before she moved.  The ONLY reason she moved is because her parents live in Pensacola and the driving was getting to hectic every weekend (She lets HER parents have visitation so SHE can go out, but is interfereing with mine).  Also, her boyfriend moved to pensacola and she is living with him now.  

ALso, I am scared that my ex is going to pull back her visitation offer (which was VERY much in MY favor--every summer all plus alternating holidays) and say that because I havent seen my daughter in 1.5 years that I should get minimal and NO visitation in IL.   What can I do to stop that from happening.

Also what is a witness interrogatories.  My present wife just got supeaned to testify and with that there was a notice of service of respondent (me) witness interrogatories to petitioner (her).  What is that>?

MixedBag

When you impute income, you bring old work earnings statements (IF you have them) or information from the internet on what her career field could be earning and then let her say "But I CAN'T work."  Actually, put yourself in her shoes -- if her parents are a huge part of her support network (in terms of a babysitter and money), then you might consider moving too -- particularly if you could sponge off them....  Point is she can work, period.....doesn't matter where.

I read your questions to Soc too....and his answers.

Interrogatories from what I understand are written questions given to the other party ahead of time.  Then you have a certain period of time to answer them in writing.  We've seen them in two different proceedings of our own and they were a waste of time because the EX lied.   Then others here have said that they received no answers to them and getting answers was a joke too.

If you or your wife have been given questions, your attorney should have them and either he can already prepare answers because he knows the answers or you two will  do it.  No real big deal -- just do it.

You can't stop your EX from changing her mind as the wind blows -- I suggest you stand your ground because out of state parenting time is NOT unreasonable.   And you know that.  Keep the court date onthe horizon, and tell her that the ONLY way that it will be cancelled is to get an agreement in writing that she has already signed through to become an order before the hearing.  

Not sure what you mean by "notice of service" to whom....could be that it's just in the file.  When our EXs were served in various proceedings, even for the one where I was pro se, I never got a copy that he was actually SERVED.  Had to call the court house to confirm it.  If its for interrogatories (questions), I wouldn't be too concerned.  If your current wife is going to testify -- I wouldn't be too concerned either.  She'll be fine.....biased towards you in her answers of course, but she'll be fine as long as she tells the truth.

MixedBag

BTW -- I'm guessing that you drive down I-65, so wave when you hit exit 186 in AL!!!!