Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - PeeDeeThree

Pages: 1
Father's Issues / Where to begin...
« on: Jan 15, 2015, 08:07:27 AM »
My ex and I have been separated for 1 1/2 years. Our divorce was final as of this week. We have a Parenting Agreement in place that lists her with primary custody in a joint custody arrangement. She has our 2 kids (17 and 12) 226 days to my 139. She has been nothing but disruptive since the Agreement was signed, and I have a stack of minor violations to the agreement, though nothing egregious enough to go in front of the judge.
I left her with everything...house, contents, etc. On paper, she owes me child support, though I have never pursued it.

Now, the bombshell. I found out 2 weeks ago that my 17 year old daughter is pregnant by her 20 year old boyfriend, who my ex moved into the house a year ago against my protestations. My daughter hid it from us both until she was 7 months pregnant, and is convinced that she is going to have the baby and start a wonderful life with her boyfriend. She is 17, so logic is no longer a part of her life, especially coming from her parents.

My questions...
1. Is this a big enough deal to go to court and wrestle custody of my son from her, or do the courts still radically favor the mother?
2. My daughter isn't covered by insurance, since it's an underage pregnancy. Does that put me on the hook for the medical bills, is her mother liable as primary custodial parent, or are my daughter and her boyfriend stuck with the responsibility to pay the bills?

Pages: 1
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.