Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - DadsCrushed

Pages: 12 3 ... 7
Custody Issues / Re: Custody after suicide attemp
« on: Jan 23, 2014, 04:14:20 AM »
I hope you get the counseling you need and get better. Your actions need to be a demonstrable threat to the best interests of the children. For example, courts have overturned orders where the lower court stated that the PARENTS homosexuality, religious affiliation, mental health and/or financial status was not in the best interest of the children. Your actions need to be negative on the children. If you get the help you need the argument is that your children will be fine. The court may order you during this time to continue treatment and then upon successfully completing your treatment you can file a motion for modification or termination of supervised visits.
Right now focus on you not your kids. I know this is a hard pill to swallow but remember this along the lines of when you fly and the stewardess states in case of an emergency adults should place the oxygen mask on themselves before taking care of the children's oxygen mask. Same applies here. You cannot care for your child if you cannot take care of yourself.
Best of luck.

General Issues / Re: Man gaining full custody...
« on: Jan 10, 2014, 05:29:50 AM »
Your spouse is entitled to a percentage of your TSP from the time you were married to the divorce order. Prior to marriage is not a marital asset

Maryland State Forum / Re: Please Provide Suggestions...
« on: Jan 10, 2014, 05:28:00 AM »
There was a recent court case out of the COSA where the mother and father still resided in the home. Negative credit will not negatively affect you. MD uses a formula when calculating support and applies that whether shared or sole. You can go to the circuit court library and locate the software that calculates support

Visitation Issues / Re: Travel and Visitation
« on: Jan 10, 2014, 04:51:23 AM »
A change in residence from the original order can be cause for a motion for modification for a new drop off.

Father's Issues / Re: Buddy need legal info for child custody
« on: Jan 10, 2014, 04:49:50 AM »
The mother's attorney letter is a piece of paper and you do not have to accept the terms and conditions of the attorney. If you receive a court order that is something different. Document attempts to see the child because the attorney will use the status quo argument against you that you are not in the child's live and tender year doctrine. Yes, it exists for young child such as this which is a few months old.

Visitation Issues / Re: Father demanding makeup time
« on: May 21, 2013, 05:20:12 AM »
You and your attorney cannot unilaterally decide to preclude visitatio because he failed to take the class. You have rules for that and that would be to file a petition for contempt. Actually, you act may be contemtuous.

Father's Issues / Re: going about this differently
« on: May 21, 2013, 05:15:55 AM »
What rights did you lose: physical and/or legal? Did the order provide for a progressive schedule for possible reunification? There are ways to file a motion for modification and this website provides some great information.

Custody Issues / Re: 50/50 Custody battle in WA, Help Needed
« on: Mar 28, 2013, 10:51:29 AM »
I don't know why your time is limited if the divorce is not finalized. Is there an Order identifying limitations?
If not, spend time with your children; otherwise, the Court may apply "status quo" and award custody to the mother due to the fact that she spends most of the time with the children.
In order to win, you will need to prove that the best interests of the children are served with you. I'm certain there are custody factors to consider when awarding custody. Review them and make sure you satisfy each one and argue how the mother does not.
Why do you want a Custody Evaluator? Sounds like another layer of BS; been there done that. The disadvantages to both is bias, another mind to persuade, costs, etc.
I would prepare by reading everythig you can get your hands on. This is a very good website but read some of the WA decisions on custody. They will familiarize you with the Rules and Code, as well as the langauge.
Good luck

Divorce News / Re: America must stop blaming divorce on women
« on: Mar 15, 2013, 12:09:34 PM »
I read that 75% of divorce filings are done by the mother. Out of that only 5% are truly litigated by the Courts. Of that you can expect around a 60% liklihood of false accusations to be made by the woman. Yes, most divorces are the result of the woman filing. I'm not saying men are not to blame but the statistics support the article.

Father's Issues / Re: regain rights if possible???
« on: Feb 19, 2013, 07:41:04 AM »
I would file a Motion for Modification. Being poor does not terminate parental rights. Is there more here? If you can get the mother for contemptuous behavior that can start the ball rolling on changed circumstances.

Pages: 12 3 ... 7
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.