Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jun 22, 2024, 07:03:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

And you thought Jacko was a bad dad. . .!

Started by Brent, Jan 02, 2004, 12:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

'Crocodile Hunter' takes baby to feed crocs
Friday, January 2, 2004 Posted: 1748 GMT ( 1:48 AM HKT)

BRISBANE, Australia (AP) -- Crocodile hunter Steve Irwin took his month-old son to his first croc feeding on Friday, offering the reptile a chicken with one hand and holding the baby in the other.

With a capacity crowd looking on, Irwin dangled a dead chicken before the 13-foot crocodile named Murray, which snapped up the offering. Irwin's tiny son Bob looked on from his other arm.

[img src=http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/01/02/crocodile.baby.ap/story.1.feed.jpg]

"He's one-month-old, so it's about time Bob got out there and did his first croc demo," the Australian celebrity told the crowd at his Australian Zoo.

Irwin's wife Terri, who gave birth to her second child on December 1, also attended the show, billed as Bob's "croc feeding debut."

Irwin's show, "The Crocodile Hunter," served as the basis for the movie "The Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course," which came out in 2002.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/01/02/crocodile.baby.ap/index.html

Kitty C.

I USED to have some respect for Steve Irwin, but not anymore!  And his wife can't be much better if she condoned it!  Now, I know these guys are the best in the world at what they do, but GET REAL!  Even they must realize that these animals are unpredictable at best, so they have absolutely NO excuse!  I hope they BOTH get lambasted for it.  Maybe taking their newborn away from them for a while will make them rethink their priorities??
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

StPaulieGirl

What a freaking idiot!!!  What if that croc went for the baby instead of the chicken?  People don't seem to have a clue these days.