Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jun 15, 2024, 09:33:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

mother wants custody back

Started by lookinnomore, Jun 28, 2004, 12:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lookinnomore

I live with a guy who has had custody of his 2 boys 13 and 11 for the last three years.  I also have custody of my three girls, 14,13, and 12.  She his ex wife gave him custody after two of the children were proven to not be his and she couldn't financially afford to care for all four of them even with the child support he paid.

In the last three years, she has missed visits, been late almost every month with child support.  Her oldest son has refused to visit her off and on.  She has recently gotten married and bought a home where she resides with her two children and a step son.  For the record, her step son has repeated the 7th grade for a second year.  We have had many problems with her and things she has done to and with the boys like cutting their hair so short they got sunburned, locking the oldest boy in the car and refusing to bring him home, leaving the youngest at a friend of her house and he couldn't find her all weekend.  Dad had to go pick him up.

How do we prevent her from taking back these boys in a state that openly prefers the mother having custody over the father?

hisliltulip

Quite honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about it.  The kids are older, and Dad has had them for THREE YEARS.

She would need a REALLY good reason to uproot them, like they're being beaten, not fed, are in and out of juvy.

Just because she is married now and has a house, means squat.  She has to prove that DAD's care has degenerated from when he took the kids three years ago.

Breathe.  Don't worry about it.  (Unless of course the kids ARE being beaten, not fed, or are in and out of juvy...)