Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jun 25, 2024, 06:39:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What does this meen for me

Started by T0052SC, Jun 13, 2005, 10:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T0052SC

I need help to know what to do.  I have to keep this short because I am at work right now.

I am a my X and I have split custody with me having residence for school and other activities.  The CO states she was to pay me half of all joint children expenses (doctors, school supplies, school activities) and she was to pay half of the tuition for school (my town does not have public kindergarten).  She has only paid me $15 and still ows over $200 pluss I just got a call from the children's school telling me that she is over $1,400 past due on tuition.  Leaving the last payment back at the first week of April.  This will cause my Son not to be able to participate in his kindergarten graduation.  She has bounce a number of checks to me, the school, the kid's counselor, and to the co-parent counselor.  

My son and I have been working really hard for him to learn the seven song he was to sing at graduation, plus his teachers and class have been building this moment up for him.  I hate to see it all get shot down because his mother doesn't pay the people she is CO to pay.  WHAT DO I DO.

Ref

1. file contempt and don't have your son go to graduation and have the school take care of her thru small claims.
2. pay for the school and bill her. File contempt to get reimbursed. Let your son have his graduation.

It all depends on your means and how important this really is to you and your child. I know it is hard to disappoint him, but if you can't afford not to get paid back for years, it may be your only option.

Best wishes
Ref

VaBeachStepmom

If you can, pay for it yourself and document the hell out of all payments made on her behalf.  Then take her to court for contempt and get your money back, plus court costs.  

T0052SC

I can't afford to pay a lump sum of $1,700 to the school.  I have talked again to the director and she said that the X is coming in today to discuss it.  She said that if the X sings a contract to pay and additional amount every week towards the over due balance than my son will be able to go to graduation and this wont upset their future at the school.  I don't know if she will agree to this, and even if she does I don't think she will ever make the payments.

In the past she has always obtained credit or credit cards max them out and never pay.  She would change phone numbers until they filed then she would beg me, my family, and her family for the money and never pay it back to family.  I remeber one time her father let her borrow $1,600 for bounced checks with the agreement that she would pay $50 a month into the kids colege fund he set up.  He had the agent make up payment stubs for every month so she would just have to mail them in.  She never paid one of them!!!

awakenlynn

Sadly, if you can't afford to pay, maybe you could make the same arrangements with the school, that they were going to make with ex.  Then you can either file contempt or you can go to small claims court.  You will need all the payment receipts from both of you.  The checks she bounced to the school, a copy of any agreements to pay from both of you.  You shouldn't have any trouble getting it through small claims court with the proper documentation.