Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jul 02, 2024, 12:31:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

just lost temporary custody of my daughter after 2 1/2 years, need help

Started by soulguru, Jul 10, 2011, 07:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulguru

Lake County Court in Indiana just plucked my daughter out of her stable environment and temporarily placed her with mom.  Here is the story:  The court ordered counseling sessions with mom and daughter to determine if unsupervised visitations should occur.  The counselor determined that supervised visitations only between mom and daughter.  The mother then voluntarily refused to schedule visitations and did not see her daughter for over a year.  Her attorney, the Domestic Relations Bureau, and the GAL had all ganged up on me saying that during this time I "obstructed" mother's visitation rights even though I was only adhering to the court order which stated we were to follow the counselor's recommendation.  They are speculating that my child's negative perspective towards her mother is due to Parental Alienation Syndrome, but they refuse to acknowledge the abusive environment her mother had placed her in to foster that type of response in the first place.  I don't even have a way of contacting my daughter (which is against the Indiana State Guidelines to Co-Parenting).  I need help in devising a strategy to get my daughter back. 

ocean

Family court is not fair and still very "mommy" biased in most courts in this country. When they gave her custody this week, did they put anything in writing of when you get child?

Courts/CPS for the most part want the mother to do the right thing and regain custody. It take a lot for a father to retain temp custody. They used you as the "foster" care until mom got her act together. BUT the reason the are using is just starting to be used in courts. PAS is hard to prove but if you are talking bad in front of child or within listening distance ...the child goes to therapist/mom and says "but dad said this...i heard dad saying this on the phone...". Your child needs both parents and should not be a prize in a game.

What to do...do you have another court date set up? Be at every visitation, document anything you can, have someone with you at all times to verify story that may come up. Keep asking for more and more time, to get to a 50/50 situation if you are close enough.

soulguru

No, actually, there is not anything in writing of when I get her.  They are saying that I have to go through supervised visitation now temporarily, can you believe that?  I've taken care of my daughter myself all of this time, I've potty trained her, helped her to become less anti-social and apprehensive, and now her behavior is already regressing from being around her mom again (urinary accidents, separation anxiety, etc.).  Her mother took her to Mexico for four months without my consent and I had to open a case with the Center for Missing and Exploited Children.  While she was down there I missed her first birthday and first steps.  Now that so many years have passed the courts just brush off that incident.  They also brush off the fact that she violated two court orders stating for our daughter to have zero contact with her boyfriend who molested her.