Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Oct 18, 2024, 08:24:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

report card

Started by John-J-Jay, Nov 14, 2007, 09:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John-J-Jay

my daughter just came home with her 2nd report card for the year. The 1st report card she made 3 high B's and one A. The current report card she made 3 high B's and a C. Last year she made all A's and B's and only 1 C for the entire year on her report card.

My concern is can my ex wife use against me in court my child making a C on her report card. My daughter is trying her best but I'm not sure how the courts would see a C and if they will try to use that against me in the horrific custody battle she is waging after being a non custodial parent for 8+ years.

MixedBag

no guarantees, but I doubt it.

no on it's own.

John-J-Jay

I analyzed her complete grades from day one this year not leaving out any grades and look at the #'s

when my child is with me without interruption her grades are 91.96 as a overall average.

when she either travels to her mothers her grades drop to a 72.12 as a overall average the week she leaves to the Monday she is back. Because it takes a day or two to get her readjusted each time

Kitty C.

What grade is she in???  If she's not in middle or HS, there's no point in calculating her grade point to the nearest .01.  And having more B's than C's still puts her above average............just don't put any pressure on her to constantly maintain it.  There's always the possibility that she's got a new class this semester/quarter that is a little tougher than what she's used to.  Give her a break and let her work at her own pace.  Just make sure she knows that if she ever needs help, all she has to do is ask, either at school or at home, and that it is a sign of 'strength' to do so, it's not a weakness.

As for the courts, they don't care unless the child is failing miserably, and sometimes that hasn't even mattered in some cases.  If your ex attempts to bring it up in court, it means she's grasping at straws and can't come up with anything significant.

If I could add a little advice..........back off just a little on this.  There's always a possibility that the reason for the 'small' decrease in her grades is that she's feeding off the anxiety you may be inadvertantly displaying.  Relax and understand that your daughter is doing just fine in school........if any significant problems develop at school, they will be the first ones to tell you.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......