Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 19, 2024, 05:57:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How do we get custody?

Started by logansmommy, Jul 22, 2008, 01:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logansmommy

My husband and I have been married for two years in october ad have two children. In thistime we have been in a constant battle with his ex over his daughter. She would not allow us to see her at all in the beginning stating concern for sd safety, but as money hungry as she was decided her safety was not so concerning if she was getting child support. We were giving her 400 a month non court ordered to see sd 24 hours a week. Thinking she would get more money we were served... ten ordred to pay 420 a montgh completly outrageous for his income it almost killed us. After my son was born we remodified to get sd half the time and agreed to pay 200 a month even though we had her 50 percent of the time to help bm get on her feet becuase she had quit her job. Then when she was homeless a couple months later allowed her and her boyfriend to stay with us rent free as long as we got our chld support back so we could afford sd 100 percent of the time. They moved out 2 months later and she moved 4 times in four months before becoming homeless again this time with an infant as well so we allowed her to stay with us again.... a month and hal later we asked for our child support back becuase two extra people was hurting us financially she moved out two days before receiving child support and paid her phone bill with us and left us with no food and electric about to be trned off told me i was a selfish bitch and said my husband didnt care about sd. She has called twice now asking us to meet her close to her house which is now 40 miles away because she has no gas..wesaid no so i'm expecting to be served here soon because she is consumed with getting as much money as possible so she wont have to work. Her boyfriend is a loser who only works part time as well. She has taken no interest in helping me get kylie into preschool and hsnt had medical insurance for sd in months. We don't know what to do, but it's time to do something the situation is getting worse and affecting sd negatively. We honestly jst cant afford child support anymre we have kylie half time we shouldnt have to pay it. She is a lazy prent and only seems to want sd for the money.

tigger

name from your post.  Replace it with SD to indicate she's your stepdaughter.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

Davy