Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 28, 2024, 08:38:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

paternity

Started by cheezit, May 15, 2004, 06:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheezit

Is there a organization that helps fathers prove paternity @ no/little cost. I have been the sole provider of my son since my girlfriend incarceration and she has signed her parental rights over to her parents. Now I am trying to prove I am our two year old son's father. I have been told I may have to pay 300+ for a paternity test.

Dr.Stepmom

We had a paternity test done.  All it involved was a mouth swab from DH and child, about $200 and a few weeks wait.  I believe we used this service: http://www.swabtest.com/

The catch is...we just did it for our own knowledge, understanding that we would probably have to go through it again if we needed it to be admissible.  (thankfully it proved paternity and we didn't have to bother).

My belief is that you will likely have to request the test through the courts and jump through whatever hoops they require for it to be legal.  Maybe you should ask Socrateaser before you spend any money?

Peanutsdad

You dont give the state, so its rather difficult to know for sure your states requirements.

After 14 months in court, and my daughter being over 2 yrs old,, my own ex has now claimed I am not the father. She is currently facing contempt of cs .

In Texas, being on the birth certificate and filing an affidavit of paternity makes you the LEGAL father. Even in light of a dna test revealing you are not the biodad. Another father would have to step forward, AND here, you,, the legal father would remain so UNLESS you elected to relinquish to the biodad.

The court told my ex she would need to file a motion to contest paternity and then PAY for me to be tested to prove I am not the dad.