Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Oct 05, 2024, 08:30:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Custody Rights

Started by Maryland Girlfriend, Aug 19, 2004, 01:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maryland Girlfriend

Help, my boyfriends ex wife is having a fit that I spend the night at his house when their son is there.  She is catholic and claims its against her wishes when raising him catholic.

Keep in mind we sleep in different room, on different floors of the house when his son is there.

What can you do when the spouse is holding the child back for unreasonable demands?

Maryland Girlfriend

what happens when you file the order?

>Help, my boyfriends ex wife is having a fit that I spend the
>night at his house when their son is there.  She is catholic
>and claims its against her wishes when raising him catholic.
>
>Keep in mind we sleep in different room, on different floors
>of the house when his son is there.
>
>What can you do when the spouse is holding the child back for
>unreasonable demands?

Arwyn

Bull, that is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard that you sleep somewhere else when you spend the night and your b/f's son is there, LMAO!

My guess would your b/f to file contempt charges against his ex to enforce visitaton, that is if there is a court order in place.

Maryland Girlfriend

I have a child of my own and do sleep in seperate rooms, when he visits my home and my son is there he sleeps in another room.  
He sleeps in his son's room on the top bunk of the bunk beds.  I sleep down stairs in his room.  Keep in mind that the other upstairs bed rooms (other than his sons) don't have air conditioning.

They do have a court order, as part of the divorce with visitation line out.

Lawmoe

First of all, if there is a parenting schedule that does not reestrict contact, then the other parent has no right to withhold visitation without a court order.  Courts in most states will not make moralpronouncements on such issues.

On a personal note, I agree that it is inappropriate when the children are there.