Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 09:18:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Motions filed..

Started by Sunshine1, Dec 28, 2006, 07:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunshine1

Hi Soc,

If you my or may not remember, I have been trying to compel the BF to sign for the children's passports so we can get into Canada in 2007.  Everyone is required a passport if you want to get back into the U.S.

No luck, so I filed a Motion for Sole Decision Making Authority for Foreign Travel.  Along with that I have been trying to get him to hand over Insurance Cards so I also filed for contempt on the Insurance cards because he is supposed to provide them to me, and the provider will not allow me any information.

I spent a whole day drawing up these motions, another day filing these motions, and running between two counties to have a Sheriff serve the papers.

I have a feeling that after all of this, $120.00 in filing and processing and another 20.00 in gas, he will just *poof* send me the cards, even though I have been trying for over a year to get them.

1. What do I do then?  Obviously not in contempt anymore if I recieve them right?

2. I still need to be heard on the Foreign Travel motion though, so do I just dismiss the first part?

GRrrrrr...I am so crabby!  Thanks Soc for your help!

socrateaser

>I have a feeling that after all of this, $120.00 in filing and
>processing and another 20.00 in gas, he will just *poof* send
>me the cards, even though I have been trying for over a year
>to get them.
>
>1. What do I do then?  Obviously not in contempt anymore if I
>recieve them right?

If he was ordered to turn them over, without a date, and you had to file for contempt, then you're entitled to be heard and he's still in contempt, because he didn't follow the order, because you had to file to force him to turn over the cards.

>2. I still need to be heard on the Foreign Travel motion
>though, so do I just dismiss the first part?

No, you want your court costs, and sanctions to encourage future cooperation.

janM

We are permanent residents of the US with "green cards", we lived in Canada until 12 years ago. I am Canadian and DH is British (moved to Canada in 1952).

I have been looking into the passport thing, as we usually travel to Canada after Christmas (just got home lol).

Starting this month, passports are being asked for if you are travelling by air between the US and Canada (both sides). Starting January '08, they will be required for land or sea travel as well.

Here is a link:
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

Hope this is helpful.

Sunshine1

This really helps support my facts and presentation of evidence!  Thank you so much!